Question Resetting Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron

Feb 23, 2019
Hello everyone. New member here...

I received a laptop from my company for my son, they were generous to give to me.

I am trying to reset Windows10 to factory settings, and it's stuck in a loop. I have it connected to my wifi network, no problem. After the "Hi There" screen (country, language, time zone), I click on NEXT and it goes into a loop, with the spinning dots then right back to this screen. I can't seem to figure out how to get it out of that loop.

I created a Windows10 USB installer, but I can't get it to actually BOOT to that stick, since I can't get it out of the process.

Can anyone provide any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

Dell Inspiron is all i know...mfg in Nov 2016, i7-7500, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM if it matters.

Feb 23, 2019
Sorry, found the model, it's an Inspiron 5378 2 in 1

During the reboot process, i've tried to use Fn F2 / F2 to get to the boot menu, but no luck.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019
Yes, and it didn't boot from the USB drive...I wonder if it's not configured in the BIOS, which is why i'm trying to get there.

Movie time with family, will report back later.

Feb 23, 2019
ok, well, got it worked out...was able to bet to the BIOS, disabled Safe Boot, enabled Legacy, added the USB, then had to convert the drives to MBR, and Windows10 installed.

good luck folks