Solved! Restart or shutdown problem after add SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2021
Hi.
I have a ThinkPad E540 laptop. I added a SSD in my laptop (replace HHD with SSD and replace DVD drive with HDD). Now I use a SSD and HDD simultaneously. The problem is that when I want to restart or shut down, it take long about 6-7 minutes. The screen is off but the laptop is on (like sleep mode). after 6-7 minutes laptop will shut down. I had done these:
*use Legacy only in Boot menu
*convert SSD from MBR to GPT and use UEFI boot
*Delete SSD partitions and create new partitions again and install windows
*Install different versions of windows 10 and update them
*Update Bios Version
*Install all last drivers manually and automatically with software in lenovo website
*Install last power management drivers
------------------
Some times during changing setting, laptop was restarted quickly without problem, But after two or three times the problem appeared again.
*SSD and HDD have 100% health. Both are Basic disk, SSD is GPT and HDD is MBR.
*When I enter with Safe Mode there is no problem. I can Reset and Shutdown again and again quickly. But when I back to normal mode the problem appeared again
*When I remove HHD and use SSD only, there is no problem
------------------
I don't have any idea. Help me please.

Solution
Well I have never owned this laptop but nobody else has answered. If it was my laptop, I would start with just the SSD and remove the spin HHD. Then get it working right with just the one drive. Usually when the laptop will work under safemode but not under normal mode, it is a driver issue since they dont load under safe mode. Something is corrupted, not installed correctly, or the laptop is confused by the two drives. Start with just the SSD. If it doesn't work right, reload the O.S.. Good Luck.
Thanks Gray1.
I started with SSD only and there wasn't any problrm.
I found the solution. The solution is update drivers automatically. I installed all drivers manually, But that wasn't enough. I installed Lenovo System Service and...
Apr 11, 2021
Well I have never owned this laptop but nobody else has answered. If it was my laptop, I would start with just the SSD and remove the spin HHD. Then get it working right with just the one drive. Usually when the laptop will work under safemode but not under normal mode, it is a driver issue since they dont load under safe mode. Something is corrupted, not installed correctly, or the laptop is confused by the two drives. Start with just the SSD. If it doesn't work right, reload the O.S.. Good Luck.

Reactions: fshinobi
Apr 14, 2021
Thanks Gray1.
I started with SSD only and there wasn't any problrm.
I found the solution. The solution is update drivers automatically. I installed all drivers manually, But that wasn't enough. I installed Lenovo System Service and Lenovo Services Bridge and drivers updated automatically. Now I don't have problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.