Retailers Break Modern Warfare 2 Street Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well.. considering the employee number, I'm guessing an ASM or manager sold that copy. Wonder who's gonna get fired.

brett_monkey

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
No dedicated servers, no mods, 9v9 max players. No way I am going to buy this game. Console gamers have no clue what they are missing.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
lol i'm going to laugh even harder if Microsoft doesn't get the memo and hits them with a console ban for playing before street date.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I hope this is NOT what Activision wanted and they take one in the pooper for once. One more reason the SP version of this game will be free for me.

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
wow that move was like having diarrhea and crapping ur pants a little bit just before u make into the john for the epic explosion which is CoD MW2.

snarfeck

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
i think mom and pop stores should be allowed to sell it a day in advance.. it'll help sales for the little guys. as for the game, it will be ripped open by modders and by christmas we'll all be playing on dedicated servers with aimbots lol. you know it's true!!!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]snarfeck[/nom]i think mom and pop stores should be allowed to sell it a day in advance..[/citation]Is Gamestop really a mom & pop store? Don't they have hundreds of locations?

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Mom & Pop stores are small independent stores like "Game Chop" in my hometown. Gamestop, is not a mom+pop operation what so ever.

But, what do I care... I really have no intention at all of playing this game.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
who care no real PC gamer is going to buy this junk.
Its already be torrented by a few thousand people already...Thats just off one site too.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
lol within an hour of seeing around 4 thousand downloading the couple of rips on a famous public tracker.There are now 10 thousand leeching on one rip...thats not counting the other 4 rips up on there.

Im pretty sure a lot more people are going to pirate this game then it would have been if they didnt screw all of us over.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]lol within an hour of seeing around 4 thousand downloading the couple of rips on a famous public tracker.There are now 10 thousand leeching on one rip...thats not counting the other 4 rips up on there.Im pretty sure a lot more people are going to pirate this game then it would have been if they didnt screw all of us over.[/citation]
Begun the TRUE modern warfare has.

dumbcanadian

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Wow.. this is so fucking anti free-enterprising. Activision and Gamestop should be criminally investigated. This is an organized attempt to funnel all their sales through a single retailer, screwing over potential profits for smaller stores.

THIS IS UN-AMERICAN!

geckoar

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I wish people would stop bashing the game because of No dedicated servers is it that big of a deal...No its not, who cares if one person is a little faster I know in cod 4 for Xbox i rape the host all day long becasue to be really good you just play. I like how the game is set up to to not be moded. I hate it when people people mod in ranked game to be pass punkbuster and stuff. I for one will be at Gamestop at midnight to get my copy...for Xbox 360...I know the game is not as good looking as the PC but Xbox live is the best online matchmaking out there. I have been gaming for a long time and the way Live lets you jump in with your friends is sweet. Cause gaming with your friends and teaming up to rape some noobs or some 55 gold Cross:) Is sick.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]geckoar[/nom]I wish people would stop bashing the game because of No dedicated servers is it that big of a deal...No its not, who cares if one person is a little faster I know in cod 4 for Xbox i rape the host all day long becasue to be really good you just play. I like how the game is set up to to not be moded. I hate it when people people mod in ranked game to be pass punkbuster and stuff. I for one will be at Gamestop at midnight to get my copy...for Xbox 360...I know the game is not as good looking as the PC but Xbox live is the best online matchmaking out there. I have been gaming for a long time and the way Live lets you jump in with your friends is sweet. Cause gaming with your friends and teaming up to rape some noobs or some 55 gold Cross Is sick.[/citation]
Get. Out. Now. You. Are. Dumb.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
geckoar said:
I wish people would stop bashing the game because of No dedicated servers is it that big of a deal...No its not, who cares if one person is a little faster I know in cod 4 for Xbox i rape the host all day long

Your opinion doesn't count.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]buckcm[/nom]"I wish people would stop bashing the game because of No dedicated servers is it that big of a deal...No its not, who cares if one person is a little faster I know in cod 4 for Xbox i rape the host all day long"
Your opinion doesn't count.[/citation]

scuba_steve_va

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
No dedicated servers is not about latency sparky.

It means that:

1) My clan cannot have dedicated well-known servers where our 150 members can always go to join a game. Ditto our several hundred regulars. We have had such servers for 8 years for a range of CoD titles...and it is our COMMUNITY.

2) My clan cannot ban obvious cheaters. PB misses them and so will MW2's lame anti-cheating system.

3) My clan cannot ban idiots. We have no profanity and no harrassment policies. Folks obey it or we ask them to leave. Most refuse...and we show them the door.

4) It means no custom maps or mods developed by the community...which is how we keep playing some of these games for years.

5) Their current hosting plan means that if the player who happens to be the host quits, everyone's game stops immediately...for 5 or more seconds while IW decides to whom to assign the server role next.

Console gaming sucks...for a range of reasons. Most folks on consoles don't know how much more powerful PC gaming is. That said, consoles are 80% of game title sales at the moment...and I assume that if Activision thought they could get away with it, they would abandon PC titles all together. Support costs would certainly drop...since console hardware and drivers are well-known. They can't without raising a hue and cry that would tarnish them, so they are releasing a PC title that is little more than a console title with mouse support...and then having the audacity to charge more for it.

Vote with your wallet. If that means more titles go console only, so be it. We will not be ignored by everyone. Let Carmack see what the result of this BS is....and wait for Bad Company 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.