Returning tablet... will I loose my paid apps?

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I just wanted to know if all my purchases on google play are to recorded on my google account? if so will I be able to re-download the apps I paid for once I get a replacement tablet?

The problem with my tablet is that I dropped it (well it slipped down the gap at the side of my bed :S) now the colours are all screwed up (there's even a row of pixels not working when the screen is red)... this problem temporarily fixed its self after being tapped. I'm assuming a wire for the display has come loose I'd attempt to have a look and maybe fix it but I don't want to effect my warranty hehe.

The tablet is a Zenithink C91 bought from the site "Ebellking"

Solution
Paid apps are linked to your Google Account and the app maker's website. You don't have to pay twice for them. The activation codes for your purchase will work on a new device for the same account. You might want to check with the app maker support site first especially if it uses an unlock app seperate from the free app.

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Paid apps are linked to your Google Account and the app maker's website. You don't have to pay twice for them. The activation codes for your purchase will work on a new device for the same account. You might want to check with the app maker support site first especially if it uses an unlock app seperate from the free app.

Solution

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Well... I've deleted allot of my apps "Facebook, MSN and Stickam (anything with personal data)" now the screen seems to be working again. I haven't tapped it hard yet (I did tap lightly) I did get a minor flicker at one point but it is allot better then earlier where It occasionally returned to normal (normally when picked up at the edges "i'm guessing there was a minor flex that made a good connection").

I can't believe a drop so small caused this to happen... damn a few weeks ago a medium sized dog jumped on my knee and landed on the screen when I was using it and it didn't even scratch it!

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I just found this video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr-k7cmx0I8&feature=player_embedded#!

It probably is related to this issue that I read in an android forum was a common issue.

Does it break the warranty removing the QC sticker covering the screw? It is already a bit worn from my hands rubbing against it. I also hope that the layout inside mine is the same... I've had bad experiences removing hardware in a compact form factor (tearing ribbon cables etc)

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

So I should just do it anyway? The company that sent it said the item value was £24 (tax dodge maybe? lol)... I paid £114 (with free postage)

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Haven't watched the video yet,but yeah,if it shows how to fix the flex,and it's same manufacturing process at least(ie close to yours or identical model) go for it.
Haha,definite tax dodge ... that should give an idea of their warranty policy.

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

I actually found another video of my model showing you how to fix the issue posted by the website I bought the tablet off

As for the tax dodge I wonder if they deducted the postage from the price, I've bought items before where they actually deducted the postage from the payment (say I spent £20 it might say "Item cost £15 and the postage cost £5" on the invoice) and I recently spotted another chinese tablet costing £25 with £70 postage.

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
In my experience with chinese products, stick to the big boys. Lenovo,Huawei,ZTE, Meizu,Xiaomi,Ainol. Others like ONDA are so so,but basically if it has a strange name and they've never made a high end product as a company,don't buy they're budget product.