revert to earlier version of an excel spedsheet

Thea415

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I experimented with copying a page from google drive back to excel for editing purposes, and lost the entire workbook, except the page I moved into that workbook. I am in dire need of recovering this earlier version. please help!

Solution
If you "copied" then the original workbook should still be in its original location.

If you "moved" one page the rest of the original workbook should still be back in the original location.

Search the relevant drive(s) for the name of the spreadsheet. Very easy to be "moving" a file and drop it somewhere unexpected.

Failing the above then hopefully there will be a slightly older, but intact copy of the workbook in your backups.
If you "copied" then the original workbook should still be in its original location.

If you "moved" one page the rest of the original workbook should still be back in the original location.

Search the relevant drive(s) for the name of the spreadsheet. Very easy to be "moving" a file and drop it somewhere unexpected.

Failing the above then hopefully there will be a slightly older, but intact copy of the workbook in your backups.

Solution

If you messed up a spreadsheet, all you have to do is not save it when closing it. Your original will still be there.