Review: Android 4.0, the Galaxy Nexus and the Transformer Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
You missed one major upgrade from Honeycomb to ICS, the Browser! Much faster, almost on par with a laptop. It also syncs with your Chrome bookmarks. It is so much better, I ditched the other two browsers I was using.

Xoom Wifi now officially has ICS as well, the difference is quite nice in regard to overall speed and performance. The way it should of been a year ago.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Also, there is just no comparison between the S-Amoled display and the iP4S display in sunlight/outdoors. The former is easily readable, the later... well, let's just say you need to run for some shade. First hand experience here.
If they look equally beautiful indoors, the S-Amoled is at least one class above the S-LCD of iP4S outdoors.

G

My wife bought an Ipad2 for Christmas. She loved it.

I got a Transformer Prime a few weeks ago.

She loves it so much, she sold her ipad2 to her sister.

ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME FTW!

G

The Prime is sooo good! It's like having 2 for the price of 1, a kind of mini laptop-pad hybrid. I've only had mine for a week so i'm still working out the features, but it's very easy to use. Highly recommend.

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an microSD card slot as far as I know. Just a correction.

Phone is amazing though, and even though the camera is terrible in low lighting (in good lighting it can take really nice photos), the shutter speed is insane.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Lmeow[/nom]The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an microSD card slot as far as I know. Just a correction.[/citation]

It totally doesn't, and I know as much, but I was writing that and the copy for the Prime hardware simultaneously, so it must have slipped in there somehow. (cough that's what she said) Thanks for picking up the error!

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

cjtimes

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
My Prime is a joy to use, smooth and very fast. Upgrade to ICS if you haven't already Easily the best tablet on the market.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
HOLY CRAP I go to that arcade from the test pic! What a weird feeling seeing it in a Tom's article.

Game Underground in Framingham, MA. Lots of Bemani games like DDR, IIDX, DrumMania, Pop'n, etc.

Do you go there, Devin?

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]HOLY CRAP I go to that arcade from the test pic! What a weird feeling seeing it in a Tom's article.Game Underground in Framingham, MA. Lots of Bemani games like DDR, IIDX, DrumMania, Pop'n, etc.Do you go there, Devin?[/citation]

I do! I live on the west coast now, but I'm originally from Massachusetts. Two of my close friends co-own that IIDX machine with some other arcade-goers (Steve and Kevin, they're in the picture). I usually stop in once or twice every time I make it back to MA.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.