Review: 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' — Modern Borefare

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbasseto

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I wonder why nobody did a single comment about the 6Gb RAM requirement so far... Not even one website... Shoudn't it at least be mentioned as part of a compreensive review?

fbasseto

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I wonder why nobody did a single comment about the 6Gb RAM requirement so far... Not even one website... Shoudn't it at least be mentioned as part of a compreensive review?

fbasseto

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
@Marshall - I know, what I meant was all the controversial facts surrounding the 6Gb requirement, and in fact the PC version doesn't even using 2Gb. In Steam Forums, for exemple, there has been a lot of noise because people that bought the game doesn't even get the chance to run it with "only" 4Gb of run, because the developer hardcoded it in the exe file...

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
@fbasseto — Ah, that's interesting. I was playing on a console, so it didn't come across my radar. I'll look into it and see if there's a story there. Thanks for the heads-up!

Jun 10, 2013
For the campaign, I was expecting them to steal some elements from MOH: Warfighter specifically the ability to ask a teammate for ammo when you run dry. I was also disappointed in the terrible AI of my teammates. It seems that they enjoy walking in front of my barrel while I am firing. I did like the different environments you are, ones which I have seen so far, such as a space station, underwater and a jungle. The jungle was my favorite mission so far mainly due to the watch that shows where enemies are. But, for some reason, you can't use it for the other missions. Seriously, if I had that device on me and I was a soldier, I would be using it 24-7. It should be a permanent weapon option even if you can only use it with the pistol. Seems like a waste of tech to me.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Maybe they can give the guys at Respawn a call. If the Respawn developers are not too PO'd about big company Acitivision, maybe Respawn will contract out and give COD all of their good ideas back. Oh wait they're putting out Titan Falls...nevermind

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
So they're finally catching up to Unreal Tournament, a 10+ year old multiplayer game, in terms of character customization and gender choice? WOW the innovation of the COD franchise is just MIND BOGGLING....

/sarcasm

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
So they're finally catching up to Unreal Tournament, a 10+ year old multiplayer game, in terms of character customization and gender choice? WOW the innovation of the COD franchise is just MIND BOGGLING....

/sarcasm

bharatwd

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Perfect Review.....I felt the exact same emotions as the writer....In Fact, because we are COD fans, I was just waiting (bored) to end the campaign as quickly as possible......In the end, I wondered about the hrs I lost playing this boring game.....Playing as Riley was the only exciting moment during this repetitive FPS game........

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
For the single player mode, did anyone else noticed that battlefield 4 performed better while also looking better than call of duty ghosts?

dancovich

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
@fbasseto "I wonder why nobody did a single comment about the 6Gb RAM requirement so far"

Probably the same reason many websites were astonished how the 1080p resolution looked wonderful on the PS4 only to discover their review units had a bug that played the campaign at 720p and almost nobody cared to correct the mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.