Question Revox A77 won't power on

Dec 15, 2019
Good day:
I have a Revox A77 Tape Recorder for about thirty (30) years now.
I recently moved and just set-up the deck after the move. I used the unit for about six hours last night with no problems.

This morning I attempted to use the deck again and it powered on for second and then went dead. I have verified that the unit is receiving a/c power and is set to 110.

I was wondering if anyone had any initial thoughts on how to resolve and or know of a qualified service in the USA that could diagnose and repair the deck.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Dec 15, 2019
Did you check the fuse on the back panel? There are likely to be internal fuses as well. The service manual is available for free online.
Since the problem is a complete lack of power any decent tech should be able to work on that.
This seems to be a factory authorized facility.
Hi:
Thx for the response. I believe I have located the fuse to the right of the voltage dial, but have not yet figured out how to release the fuse holder cap. I have tried gently rotating left and right (only goes an 1/8 of turn) and pressing in and trying the same. There is nothing to get hold of to do much more. Any thoughts on how to release the fuse?

On another note, I spoke with JMTech about sending the unit in for repairs, refresh and calibration but need to decide if the cost of this is viable.
Thx, Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY