Rgb lighting turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2018
The rgb lighting on my asus scar 2 turns off after some time...n dose not turn on when on battery
Every time i have to go in the aura core app (just open n close it) to get it back on...which even after that stays on for a little while...i cannot find the keyboard settings in the mobiloty centre too...pls help

Solution
What's the SKU on your laptop? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? See if uninstalling and reinstalling the Aura Core App changes the issue.
Nov 5, 2018
How do i check that im in the latest bios update?...i have no windows or app store updates pending...n whats sku...i did uninstall n install the app again...

jasatt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,

Basically I have the same model (ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM-EE014T) and I have noticed that on battery the rgb keyboard turns off and you have to enable it from the Aurora Core app. When plugged to the wall the keyboard stays on all the time. I thought this was a defect but apparently this is how it was meant to be engineered. I have flashed previous Bioses (305, 304) and reinstalled the Aurora Core app from the Asus website but to no avail.

One more thing I noticed is that when the laptop is plugged to the wall the charger cuts when the battery is charged 100% and it does not keep charging the battery. In fact the temperature of the charger remains relatively cool. I guess you have to think of the laptop as a desktop replacement and it does not hurt to keep the laptop plugged in most of the time especially while gaming at night or doing heavy stuff.

Hope this helps!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from shubth24 : "Keyboard lights dont turn on"

Nov 5, 2018

I contacted the service center authorities...they r gonna send an engineer to inspect...have u done that?

Status
Not open for further replies.