RIAA at it Again, Claims LimeWire Owes $72 Trillion

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Preposterous is putting it lightly. How has out judicial system gotten so fucked up that claims aren't just laughed out of court? This bullshit is wasting the taxpayers' time and money. The courts need to put their foot down and start penalizing these morons who think they've honestly been damaged more than the planet's GDP.

The RIAA has officially lost touch with reality.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Jay Z: As entertainers, we're the first generation to capitalize on our talent. For many years artists were dying broke, because the record companies took advantage of them. I'm not talking about rock stars, like Bono. The first thing for me is to lead by example and show how these things have an effect on people's lives in a real way. I know there is a future generation of stars in my old neighborhood that we must help out, to become what they could be if given the opportunity

So much for RIAA defending the artists

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I would have paid money to see the judge say:

Judge: After hearing the RIAAs arguments in this case, I have decided to set aside the judgement against Limewire, and I am ordering the immediate disbandment of the entity known as the RIAA as well as the disbarment of all of its lawyers.

existencenow

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
What says any one entity is entitled to ANY of that money. how about take that supposed 1.65B and put it into the working economy...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]lol, can't LimeWire just file bankruptcy and then give RIAA nothing.[/citation]
No, you cannot bankrupt against a civil judgement. You basically just turn the company over to the trustee in the case and walk away.

tk1138

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
The Riaa and the music industry is a joke....nothing they make has any quality, and i cant remember the last time i actually purchased music (or downloaded free for that matter)

i dont think i will ever purchase music, if these companies are so shitty that they trying to get more wealth than the total wealth of the planet something is wrong...as another user posted this should be thrown out i mean that figure alone should discredit their whole lawsuit...how could you take anyone who thinks they have a claim to more wealth than exists on the planet seriously....i know i dont

RIAA is shit....it would be funny if every employee of the RIAA (and MPAA) were killed in the most brutal way possible....

snowysoul

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Perspective. I have seen your house on MTV cribs, you own a mansion. seems to me like you are more then just well off. you sir are a download

icefog00

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Christopher Dodd (ex-senator from CT) was hired as their CEO after he had no way to get re-elected (ethics scandal and financial banking probe). That ought to tell ya something.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Need a class action lawsuit against the RIAA for terrorist activities. They terrorize every civilian with the possibility of being sued at any time just for using the internet.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
If I was the judge, I would personally slap everyone representing the RIAA for this case and tell them to jump back onto their hoverboards and fly home.

WTF kind of demand is this? It can't even be taken remotely serious.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
[citation][nom]tk1138[/nom]The Riaa and the music industry is a joke....nothing they make has any quality, and i cant remember the last time i actually purchased music (or downloaded free for that matter)i dont think i will ever purchase music, if these companies are so shitty that they trying to get more wealth than the total wealth of the planet something is wrong...as another user posted this should be thrown out i mean that figure alone should discredit their whole lawsuit...how could you take anyone who thinks they have a claim to more wealth than exists on the planet seriously....i know i dont RIAA is shit....it would be funny if every employee of the RIAA (and MPAA) were killed in the most brutal way possible....[/citation]

Good points, minus the wishing death. IP law needs to be reconsidered in a bunch of industries, and once it is I'm guessing the RIAA won't really fit in to the picture.

elbert

Distinguished
LOL the RIAA is a joke. They are losing artists to youtube and forced to negotiate pricing with Apple and others. They are pissed they lost total control over the music industry. This is more like a child lashing out once told it has to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.