Solved! Right Channel Speaker Not Working

Nov 29, 2018
My speakers work just fine when hooked up to my TV, but it wont play audio on the right channel from my laptop. The speakers also have a sub-woofer but that doesn't show up in the Levels menu. I know it isn't the speakers because my last set did this too. They work just fine with my TV but not my computer.

Solution
Am guessing these are 2.1? and hooked up through the TV's headphone jack?

First off u gotta make sure your laptop headphone jack is TRS or TRRS (with mic) and depending which u have to have the proper cable. There is no sub menu/level because your sub is not independently hooked up to the laptop, if it was, your laptop would have a dedicated HFE output like on desktops. Once this works, you will just have to rely on the gain knob on the sub to adjust its volume, I hope it has one.
Am guessing these are 2.1? and hooked up through the TV's headphone jack?

First off u gotta make sure your laptop headphone jack is TRS or TRRS (with mic) and depending which u have to have the proper cable. There is no sub menu/level because your sub is not independently hooked up to the laptop, if it was, your laptop would have a dedicated HFE output like on desktops. Once this works, you will just have to rely on the gain knob on the sub to adjust its volume, I hope it has one.

Solution