RIM Confirms Lower Price Tiers For BlackBerry Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They will still die. Unless the BB10 is really damn good, which I doubt. RIP RIM. My BB9360 is the worst phone I've ever used...

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
They are dead and nothing that they can do will revive them. To bad for Lenovo - It was their own fault they failed though , They should have kept the name and just installed android os .

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]hope u all guyz are wrong....i believe it will succeed, if it wins ,consumers will win...stiff competitions, better OS[/citation]
I dont know man, how much better can you make a GUI? I think MS did pretty awesome with live tiles but other than that, they are all basically the same thing. What we need is not innovation on the OS side but on the usability and battery side. Just an example, a clear strap bracelet like device that when give a specific voice command lights up and looks just like iOS (for simplicity sake) and somehow uses kinetic energy to stay charged. A vast majority of phones are what 4-5 inches, rectangular and you press icons to do stuff. Maybe something along those same lines but use it on the forearm like a QB does (just not as thick) but also has a pico projector. These are the things i would like to see brought to light. Not another rectangular device with icons that i have to put in my pocket.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]trankhanhvinhan[/nom]They will still die. Unless the BB10 is really damn good, which I doubt. RIP RIM. My BB9360 is the worst phone I've ever used...[/citation]
Of all BB phones you're using a Curve model which has the lowest specs of any BB, which arent that high to begin with...

[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]They are dead and nothing that they can do will revive them. To bad for Lenovo - It was their own fault they failed though , They should have kept the name and just installed android os .[/citation]

Your not that bright are you. Lenovo recently said in an interview they may think about a merger or buyout of RIM. RIM still is a separate company and not owned by anyone else.

Clearly these android or apple fanboys calling for the competition to die know nothing about technology. If you remove competition, then you lose in the end. When you get a monopoly or duolopy, innovation slows down and you don't get the same aggressive competing market that puts pressure on companies to make significant advances in technology.

Truth be told, if it wasn't for the surprise of the initial iPhone in 2007, we likely would not have seen another alternative (android) and the spec race that ensued. The original iPhone was a wake-up call for a lot of phone companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.