RIM Now Laying Off Employees; Shares Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i am surprised that OBAMA is not bailing them out since most of the so called secret services use their products[/citation]
Since RIM is a Canadian company, that would be toooooo funny. I think the Playbook was athe straw that broke the camels back. If they would of waited a little longer and released a polished product they may not be in their current situation.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]RIM just declare bankruptcy.[/citation]

RIM ended their last quarter with over $2 billion in cash. Why should they file for bankruptcy when they aren't?

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]RIM ended their last quarter with over $2 billion in cash. Why should they file for bankruptcy when they aren't?[/citation]

Because they will burn through that in the next 6 months.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
The media is helping this along quite well, they were on RIM's back long before they showed any problems, the days of media being impartial has long since gone. Seriously a company has a bad year or two and they beat on it like a dead horse, like they know everything thats going on inside the company.

Apple nearly went under, now they're #1, RIM's not going to just disappear from one day to the next, declare bankrupcy? Why, they've been raking in cash in the billions for the last decade, they still have cash on hand, they aren't in debt. They're not out of the game yet, patents and IP are worth a fortune, not to mention their business overseas is still booming, granted they've lost a lot of share in western countries, but they've got a death grip on Asian markets.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]The media is helping this along quite well, they were on RIM's back long before they showed any problems, the days of media being impartial has long since gone. Seriously a company has a bad year or two and they beat on it like a dead horse, like they know everything thats going on inside the company.Apple nearly went under, now they're #1, RIM's not going to just disappear from one day to the next, declare bankrupcy? Why, they've been raking in cash in the billions for the last decade, they still have cash on hand, they aren't in debt. They're not out of the game yet, patents and IP are worth a fortune, not to mention their business overseas is still booming, granted they've lost a lot of share in western countries, but they've got a death grip on Asian markets.[/citation]

Actually what is a bad year? RIM aren't making any losses yet.

And the media - yeah.... you are right. It appears that all these writers who write about internet sites are loyal iSheep.
It is quite startling: they are reporting every kind of crap about iPhone - apps that teach you how to wipe your sass :D at the same time much less about Android and mostly negative articles about all other platforms.

I am not an Apple hater but it is more than apparent that almost everything is so positive about Apple in the media. I guess they are paying well. The same goes for Microsoft - regardless of how useless their products are, they get mostly positive reviews and wide coverage.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]Because they will burn through that in the next 6 months.[/citation]

So because you will die in like 30-40-50 years. You should lie down and wait for your demise!

Last time I have checked (a few weeks ago), RIM were still making profit.

Great logic!

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
If rim would make a 4.3inch high res screen or larger with updated hardware with 4g. I would gladly go back to RIM. They still make my fav phones they are just hardware wise a bit behind the times. I love thier OS way more then anyone else love thier security and love thier phone designs way mroe then anyone else. I just dont want to keep using a what 2 year or older storm 2? I still love the screen idea that had on the storm and would really love a larger screen model of that with some up to date hardware. If they would have already done this i would likely have a new rim phone and a playbook right now.

Gimme a large updated hardware storm 3 and playbook and im back in bed with blackberry.

xjoedisorderx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
[citation][nom]enforcer22[/nom]If rim would make a 4.3inch high res screen or larger with updated hardware with 4g. I would gladly go back to RIM. They still make my fav phones they are just hardware wise a bit behind the times. I love thier OS way more then anyone else love thier security and love thier phone designs way mroe then anyone else. I just dont want to keep using a what 2 year or older storm 2? I still love the screen idea that had on the storm and would really love a larger screen model of that with some up to date hardware. If they would have already done this i would likely have a new rim phone and a playbook right now.Gimme a large updated hardware storm 3 and playbook and im back in bed with blackberry.[/citation]

Have you seen BB10? Hell anyone here thats commented on how "RIMS DEAD" and "RIP RIM", have you seen BB10? Has anyone here talking shit on the Playbook used one recently? Probably not. Most of the "haters" would probably really like the small form factor and the bridge internet, but no the blinders on their eyes won't let them look past the media bullshit.... And this stupid site is is just as bad.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I miss the keyboard and the universal inbox. I do not miss the random restarts and the 15 minute reboot times... I even miss the trackpad...

If they just make it a bit more stable, less prone to reboots, i'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.