RIM: Yeah, That Apple Store Stunt Was Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Really irrelevant company crying at the doorstep of the company that put them down. This is the only way RIM can get in the news, unless it's another report of how much marketshare and money it has lost.

chuckydb

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Apple wake up???
As much as I hate Apple to death, it's RIM that needs to wake up, cause they're falling fast!!!!

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]wiat... wasn't RIM that company that use to make cell phones?[/citation]
Yeah they were the ones that crammed a whole keyboard into like a 1.5" wide form factor..... I remember always looking at those and being like "How in the hell am I supposed to push that button, I'd need like a baby's fingers"

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
First, let me say I'm no Apple proponent whatsoever.

That being said... I thought RIM was going out of business?

Everyone has smart phones that allow you to get your e-mail now with on-screen keyboards. What's the point of relying on all your data going through some server in Canada any longer? Do they have any competitive advantage left to offer for the premium you pay to use their service?

Unless there's something I'm missing, Blackberry is a sham that some people just can't let go of from a time long past.

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]Yeah they were the ones that crammed a whole keyboard into like a 1.5" wide form factor..... I remember always looking at those and being like "How in the hell am I supposed to push that button, I'd need like a baby's fingers"[/citation]

Not going to defend RIM's actions, but the Blackberry itself I actually like. I had an HTC Android phone, which was good but I recently got a company issued Bold 9900 and for business purposes it's really good. With respect to the keyboard, it's considerably easier to type on the Blackberry keypad than on the Android touch screen,

G

@computernerdforlife
u sir are an idiot, we all know that apple has some of the biggest shares DUE TO HIGH PROFIT PER DEVICE. and lets not forget the patent trolling. and super expensive apps.... list goes on.

RIM has somewhat to go with their software. but the BBM service is a great selling point, and possibly the biggest reason for rims success to date. i hope the new OS has good app possibilities, or even better it merges android into the OS.

Android + BBM is a good recipe for the death of apple.

rglaredo

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
LOL ...hate apple(or andriod for that matter) ...but they do have better things to offer while looking good. People buy them at whatever price ..(their stock reflects it) ...they lost the computer war but they sure rule the mobile and tablet market ...anyway ...I'm still using my WP7 and ready for WP8 ..

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
RIM needs to do what IBM did. Get out of the consumer market. the BB is designed from the ground up for secure connections, it isn't a toy (which is what the consumer market wants) They should stick with the business sector, there are too many brain dead apple fanboys out there, don't waste time and resources to get the to stop using their toy in favour of switching to a phone designed to operate a business.

It's like comparing FCPX to AVID. people who call themselves moviemakers use FCPX, while people who make real movies use AVID.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]Apple stock: ~$580-$650RIM stock: ~$12-$14RIM: You wake the frack up because your shareholders are almost to the point of revolt. I'm one of them.[/citation]The stock price alone does not tell you anything.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]asd132d1d[/nom]@computernerdforlifeu sir are an idiot, we all know that apple has some of the biggest shares DUE TO HIGH PROFIT PER DEVICE. and lets not forget the patent trolling. and super expensive apps.... list goes on.RIM has somewhat to go with their software. but the BBM service is a great selling point, and possibly the biggest reason for rims success to date. i hope the new OS has good app possibilities, or even better it merges android into the OS.Android + BBM is a good recipe for the death of apple.[/citation]
U mad, bro? Calling people idiots?
Someone posts their opinion and all of a sudden they're idiots because their opinion is not yours?
Take a chill pill...

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]Apple stock: ~$580-$650RIM stock: ~$12-$14RIM: You wake the frack up because your shareholders are almost to the point of revolt. I'm one of them.[/citation]

Have to agree , my iphone is a toy, compared to my blackberry touch bold. Not even close. T'is a shame about rim.

G

How is your apple a toy compared to the BB? What can the BB do that the iphone cant? Thats why RIM is failing so hard now. Their only claim to fame was push email. But any phone can do that now, and RIM hasnt done anything to enhance theirs in the last 10 years. Their only advantage used to be email encryption, which they freely gave out all the keys to any country/gov't who demanded it, so now even that is no longer secure.

I used to have a company issued blackberry for 5 years, and hated every minute of it. Then I bought a google phone and have been able to do everything I could do on a blackberry 1000x better, more efficient, and more enjoyably.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I don't think people are really examining the "Wake Up" part of the stunt. RIM was probably trying to send the Apple customers a message about their devices in specific. Such as the pricing and labour involved in manufacturing them.

While I can't agree with it, I don't oppose it. RIM is gearing themselves up for BBX and they better present something good because this is their final chance to catch up with the current market before they fall into the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.