Robbers Using Electronics as Bait on Craigslist

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]jitpublisher[/nom] Lets invite crooks to our house, so they can case the place, and rob you blind while you are not at home.[/citation]

Or you just don't let them INSIDE the house?

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Deja Vu? Wasn't there an article about this exact thing (with the PS3) last year?? If no then how did I know before I red that it was about a ps3?

mr_unconcerned

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]And this is why I use e-bay. You pay extra, but at least you won't have to worry about a black eye.[/citation]

If you are dumb enough to do a deal in a parking lot at night when the deal looked sooooo good, you deserve what you got.

I've been buying and selling on craigslist for years. Other than the occasional no-show buyer, I've had great luck. I've furnished my home with some amazing items. My favorite is a flawless antique 18ft sectional custom German wall unit. 750 bucks plus a moving truck! The old guy just wanted it gone. It's gotta be a 10K unit today.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
This is why I carry a gun. Two thumbs up for Virginia, and the sane open-carry laws in this state. Some craigslist seller tries to assault or rob me, he's gonna be staring down the barrel of my Glock.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]PAYPAL.If somebody doesn't have a paypal account... they're not legit.[/citation]
Paypal isn't secure. I had an account years ago. Someone hacked into it and stole a large sum of money from my bank account. After I disputed the charge through my bank Paypal permanently banned me. This type of incident is more common with Paypal than any other financial institution.

Craig's List is full of scams. You can't trust anyone on there. Craig's List even allows people to sell services that aren't even legal in most parts of the USA. Any smart person knows to stay away from Craig's List.

Status
Not open for further replies.