Rock Band 3 Will Come with Keytar Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]lifelesspoet[/nom]I'm still waiting for Triangle Hero.[/citation]

I'm waiting for a Mouth Harp Hero :D

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
^^^There are a couple of awesome Dream Theater tracks already on the play list. They definitely could use more intense, melodic metal though. How bout Opeth?
I play guitar, and I like music rhythm games. At no point have I ever confused the two. Rhythm games are cool because it lets you experience the music a little more interactively. Also, it doubles as karaoke. Good times.

cdillon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]"pro" mode? Like expert can't be hard enough. Rock band needs to get some Tool.[/citation]

Expert mode can be challenging, but it's still not as hard as the real thing since you're only dealing with 5 buttons and a single "string" instead of an entire fretboard and six strings.

That said, I've found a few instances in RockBand where they actually made it harder than "real life" because they are forcing you to re-create certain effects with excessive strumming and button mashing that were done simply with an effects pedal by the real artist, such as in a certain Audioslave song that I can't remember the name of right now. Maybe that's what they need to add next, effects pedals!

And I agree there needs to be some Tool in RockBand because right now they have none at all.

acon

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Great "reporting" here on this site. Latching on to unnamed sources based on total heresay and reporting it as fact. Idiots.

signedup+1

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]why don't they just make a device to plug into an actual electric guitar? That'd be a good way to learn a REAL skill.[/citation]
He's right. A large majority of the people alive can push buttons.

Rock Band is going to do to music what Google did to real research. Replacing work and skill with button mashing to a beat. How many stories have we heard of people being "inspired" by the game to try a real instrument only to give up a week later because it was "too hard"? Thanks to all of the instant internet and 5 minute games I can't get my kids to try anything that takes more that a few tries to get right. It may take a bit of work to master Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but it will do nothing to actually teach someone about music.

Status
Not open for further replies.