Solved! ROG strix impact mouse not detecting by my computer

cwf

Jan 28, 2021
Only a consistent red light is shown when I am connected to my ROG Zephyrus G14(RGB light will appear if it works properly). I can use other mice properly using the same computer. It is not even detected by system. When I use this mouse in another device, it works...

I have used some methods:
  1. reboot computer
  2. open device manager, uninstall and reinstall all the related software (HID compliant mouse, usb root hub etc)
As both mouse and computer are from ASUS, I eliminated the concern regarding on compatibility. What should I do to use the mouse on my rog pc?

Solution
I am assuming you tried several USB ports on the system, if not make sure you do that. Does it work to navigate in the BIOS or if you try using a Linux Live USB boot and see if it works in Linux. I would contact ASUS and see what they say. Issue you have is rare with a single component not working on a single computer but it does happen at times, most likely it's with the usb connector on the mouse.
I am assuming you tried several USB ports on the system, if not make sure you do that. Does it work to navigate in the BIOS or if you try using a Linux Live USB boot and see if it works in Linux. I would contact ASUS and see what they say. Issue you have is rare with a single component not working on a single computer but it does happen at times, most likely it's with the usb connector on the mouse.

Solution