Roundup: 13 Multifunction Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightWeightX

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
I've used Epson photo quality printers at home for years and have been very happy with the print quality and costs. My only issue, is that after a few years 3-5 they clog up and print unevenly. The good news is by then, the newer printers have much better quality and cost less.

dainsane1

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
if you guys at toms still have these machines i would love to find out if they still work after you leave them sitting for a month and a bit.

my biggest issue with all ink jets is they dry up on me.
i have been through both cheap and pricy ones and all die.

i have given up and turned to mono laser and for the rare occasion i need colour i go to the local copy shop.

G

the only think I can say is I'll NEVER buy an Epson printer. Good quality colors, yes, but SHIT ink design.

jimcuk

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
I am still using my HP officejet 1170c which must be well over 10 years old now and not a problem yet (touch wood) would never touch a lexmark again last one lasted about a year and went in the bin

G

here's a tip for dainsane1 - leave the printer on 24/7 to fix drying/clogging print heads

G

I just bought a MP620 and so far so good, great quality printing, photos are fantastic, but must use Canon paper for this and so much easier to set-up than and Brother MFC machine (what a nightmare!) had Epson before this and it crapped out after 2.5 years. Its so good to have a WIFI machine !!! At least in Auckland its so damp the jets will never dry out!

G

This is a really poor article,
1/ some list cartrige span, some don't/
2/ prices? where are they?
3/ Is this easy to use as its simply easy on the front panel? or has the reviewer actually used it?
4/ I could go on and on, I can't make much sense out of whihc to go for, no conclusion, limited info, few facts, duplex?
terrible article, read elsewhere....

G

iH4 Inks have high capacity compatible ink cartridges for the Canon Pixma MP620. Free UK delivery too!

G

My Kodak AIO ESP 7 has been a nightmare of an experience. The customer service is impossible to reach - the line hangs up or says there is no operable extension at the # they suggest you use?? The printer is horrible -- it allows only X number of prints - very limited - even in the "draft" black setting. I never use color yet it runs out of ink on a regular time line in sync with the black cartridge. The entire unit is INOPERATIVE if any of the cartridges run out of ink INCLUDING the scan feature???!!! The claimed long life refills are a joke as they last 1/3 of the time of my old Lexmark. This unit now has a print head error and requires a "calibration" which sucks half a cartridge of ink everytime you turn it on. Very unhappy, dissatisfied. No more Kodak products for me - appears to be misleading information of ink life - no customer support.

G

It would be nice if you can clear an error message. I turned on my printer it gave me an error message a E that flashes front and backwards and I have tried everything to clear it, I can no longer get it to print. Problems, problems, problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.