Rumor: Amazon's Kindle 2 Due Feb 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I think I'll stick to reading books on my PSP, cheaper, smaller, and I can do other stuff on it. Also, way more availability of books too, anything that has been scanned into a digital format.

Cuddles

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
I may just get this. From what I hear the item feels just like a real book and people who own it rave about it's use. Not an item for people who don't read a lot of books but for me it would be great.

G

Reading on the PSP? Ill tell you, since I bought the kindle I have been extremely impressed. Its the DISPLAY. This is not an LCD. It is like looking at paper (not quite as nice but close). I don't bother reading on my iphone or any other device as such any more.

Further, its the CONNECTION. I suddenly found out after almost one year of usage that I never connected it to my PC. Ever. Its software and market store are extremely well thought out. I wish it had a folder mechanism, but thats relatively minor.

-d

G

reading textbooks on an electronic LCD display is nothing compared to the user experience gained by reading it on an e-ink designed electronic reader like the Kindle and Sony PRS series.
The Sony PRS series are MUCH more elegant than the kindle, much cheaper ($275 Vs $>400 streetprice), & is much better (reads pdf, has larger memory, one can convert their own books at home, longer battery life, even some games available; but the kindle has a keyboard and G3)!

Also Sony sold more Sony readers than Amazon sold Kindles.
Sony's longer in the business than amazon.

The only bad thing is Sony has about 60.000 books on their store, while amazon has nearly 200.000 books for sale.
Good thing is that nearly 8.000 free books can be gotten for the Sony, while it's somewhere near to 1.000-2.000 free books formatted for the kindle.

Apart from their own electronic book formats and regular .txt, the Kindle can't read many formats, and they need to be converted.
Sony can read pdf files.

Status
Not open for further replies.