"I cannot let you do that."

"What the...Please put on Jersey Shore, Siri."

"No."

"Why aren't you listening to me?"

"Why the hell aren't you using a remote lazy?"

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
This is going to be awesome, if it works.

I really hope they inlcude Siri with the AppleTV set-top-box as well. Really don't want to invest the kind of money Apple would want for a whole TV.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
if they have it able to stream content from iTunes, like WM12 does, then that'd be killer. They'd also have to have a direct input just in case ppl are making a bunch of noise and Siri can't hear you.

G

Siri was not invented by Steve Jobs. He bought a commercial rendition of the ongoing software research by DARPA, SIR International, MIT and others. Please stop reinventing history as a marketing tool. The man's achievements are great without such false attributions.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]...just in case ppl are making a bunch of noise and Siri can't hear you.[/citation]Maybe it'll have a mic on the remote so the functionality will be similar to iPhone.

G

could my dog's growl turn the set on and his bark select his favorite channel.....you know, like when i am at work or passed out on my couch.

jsheridan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
couldn't the commercial demonstrating the new device (presuming you already have it) change the channel accidently or do whatever commands they are showing in the commercial? Hopefully the sounds emitted from the tv shows won't interfere with the person trying to watch the tv

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]"Put on Jersey Shore, Siri.""I cannot let you do that.""What the...Please put on Jersey Shore, Siri.""No.""Why aren't you listening to me?""Why the hell aren't you using a remote lazy?"[/citation]

no it does you a favor by not putting on Jersey Shore to prevent you from lowering your IQ
anymore

G

That's it.... the BIG idea? is a tv you have to talk to???

I can think of few things more annoying than having to talk to a TV, when a remote is really easy to use...

G

To be honest, I don't want to go hoarse talking to my electronics all day. To me, typing quietly without anyone around me forced to know what I'm up to is much more convenient. Plus, it's annoying enough listening to people talk on their phones. Now we have to listen to them talk AT their phones in a restaurant?

G

How is a remote easier for "play me the last episode of ..."?

I've found Siri very handy for dealing with "smart" requests

buttons have their place and use, and so does Siri

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
If they get this right, and they're more likely than their competition, this could be really neat. However, it'd take some getting used to. ...or not. "Siri, please play Star Wars, Episode 4" "Yes, Halcyon..."

Okay, I guess I could get used to it.

docken02

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Sounds like a typical Apple product. Siri being "re-invented" and put into a HDTV for the iSheep masses. If this is true and put into production, how the heck do you change the channel when you are watching the TV on low volume and need to be quiet? I will stick with my current HDTV and remote thank you. Or at least until someone comes out with a mind reading TV, although that could be problematic. "Honey, I swear, I don't know why it keeps going to the Playboy channel!"

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Wow! I guess you'll be shouting at your TV since you'd be at least 6-10 ft away from it.
"SIRI, START SURFING CHANNELS!. ... ... ... ... STOP!" Unless they make the iP4S a remote app which they'd surely do.

It should have acoustic echo cancellation... Nobody wants the TV to command itself.
You're like "Siri..." then someone in the show says "shut up!" then the TV goes mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.