Rumor: Google Working on Nexus 10 Tablet Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
All about the marketing. One reason Android Tablets don't fair so well against Apple is because of the way they are represented. Most of the time they aren't even on or plugged in, like employees don't even give a crap in the store.

While Apple has their products well marketed/displayed.

With ICS/Jelly Bean, and todays hardware, Android tablets are nice piece's of work. Looks like Google is getting the message and handling it's own destiny in regard to hardware and marketing.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Yes please!
Hopefully they won't spare money on the screen... =/

[citation][nom]stingray71[/nom]One reason Android Tablets don't fair so well against Apple is because of the way they are represented..[/citation]
Define "do well" please? They're close to 40% this year, and their market share is only increasing.

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Yes please!Hopefully they won't spare money on the screen... =/Define "do well" please? They're close to 40% this year, and their market share is only increasing.[/citation]
Hopefully they won't spare money on the complete design. Period. Because majority of android devices are crap compared to even Nokia's. Sure I expect crap from Samsung, LG and ZTE but not from Sony(-Ericsson) or HTC. But there's ALWAYS something amiss.

E.g. The Sony Xperia U could be the perfect small device if it only had an microSD card slot (and gorilla glass screen). They could even increase its price with 50 quid for all I care. It would have been the allround winner Android phone. Now we have at first glance a nice specced phone which falls through with SERIOUS omissions which renders the device in-sustainable. Crap!

G

I dont see how they can do this, Apple has a patent on rectangular pieces of glass.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
come on google! give us 'retina' like display on nexus 10 then apple won't have a leg up on android/windows tablets anymore...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.