Rumor: iPhone 5 Arrives September 21; Smaller Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Uh... 3.75 inches is still pathetically small. It's like trying to read ebooks or browse websites off of a pamphlet. A nice shiny pamphlet, but still a damn pamphlet!!

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Screen better be bigger than that. This iphone 4S is doing fine for me, but its only good for internet/phone/text, apps are fun, but I would love to use other programs on this App. Be able to store things on this without being told I can't because Itunes won't do it. Be able to store more data than this 16Gb amount. Be able to transfer my songs onto my new computer without "wiping out" my phone.

Too many flaws. Not enough freedom, its frustrating. I'd love my next phone to be an Android, but which one? there are hundreds of them android phones and new ones keep coming out every month. You buy a Galaxy, next month a Galaxy X2 then a Galaxy 44s, then a galaxy 6WxTS comes out... then you're sitting there going "the hell?"

Whereas this iphone, it was "Iphone 4s.............. next year, iphone 5" oh hey, at least i had a year knowing it was good and the best the company has to offer.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
It's just a way for apple to charge you more for all your accessories again.

Plus, it's "revolutionary". It'll go something like this:

"We redesigned this new phone from the ground up. Everything is slimmer, sleeker and faster. Everything right down to our new revolutionary high speed connector has been changed"

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Other than the number of folks who have already made the switch to Samsung, there has been a good number who have been considering switching from the iPhone. However, they were waiting for an opportunity to do it... Today is that day folks! If you have to switch over all your accessories anyway, might as well consider a Samsung... you've got nothing to lose!

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Oh Apple fanbois, when will you ever learn? when the grocery store pisses you off, you threaten to never shop with again, when apple does something people hate you guys keep going back for more, like facebook's ever changing gui.... wake up!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
So the new iPhone is 0.25 inches bigger. :::yawn:::

Oh, and it's still an iPhone. ::::snore::::

Still no word on the battery life. Until then, I'm still loving my MAXX and will continue to do so until my contract is up.

G

if screen will be bigger than 3.5 , i`ll buy 3 iphone 4s , for next 10 years :)

prakalejas

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
New connector, yet not compatible with micro USB (as every one else are) and old apple connector - sounds stupid and worthless.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
People are making too big a deal about this new connector. These are apple customers remember. Tim Cook could take a shit, wrap it in an apple-branded glossy case and sell millions of samples at +$500 a pop. Oh wait they already did that...it's called the iPhone!!!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]there is a thing call micro USB/min display port, use that![/citation]
USB is a 4port connector. Apple connector has a lot more options with more pins... expect thunderbird. The previous connector had Firewire, SER and other signals.

Ever tried working with a Micro USB docking unit? IT SUCKS... its a connector for cables, not a large docking station.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Breaking news, Apple will be selling a dock adapter so you can put your new iPhone into your old dock devices, it will be patented and sold exclusively by Apple for $50 each, manufactured in Shangrila from the finest Unicorn tears.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Now that is a revolutionary connector. Only Apple is able to come up with such revolutionary ideas. And 3.75 is such a magical number. Very impressed indeed. Add to the list of impressive things the lack of micro sd slot and the lack of java and flash support and you have in your hands a trully revolutionary device.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
" Anyone who just bought a device with a dock connector built in is going to be mad as hell right now"

Anyone dumb enough to have bought a device with such a connector deserves
what is coming their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.