Rumor: iPhone 5, iPad Mini, New iPods Coming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henryv2010

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
The problem with Apple is quite obvious. It's just one company and it can't stay competitive enough. These rumors may be false because Apple has never kept up in pace with the rest of the world. It can't afford to change its technologies fast enough as opposed to the Android phones which are being built by numerous companies competing with each other. For example, it's iMac and MacPro series were so outdated. Everyone else has already switched to the i-series and yet, Apple was still selling Duo Core iMacs and MacPros. Apple just can't keep up with the rest of us. It has always been Apple trademark to be behind all of us. I mean all of us because we build our own companies and we build them to the latest technologies.

This is a hard story to believe. But then who knows??? Steven Jobs is a really rich man.

It might just be forced to change like the auto industries. It used to be that they would change models every 4 to 6 years but some of them especially Nissan has been changing models whenever it feels it needed to.

This will be good for Apple but then most Apple fans are old, well-off teachers, home-makers, mommas and poppas who don't have anything else to do, journalists, ... basically people who don't use their Apples for nothing serious like me ... people who basically browse the Net, type up a letter, email friends, ... light stuff that don't put too much strain and stress on their Apple. Even my cheap Toshiba out performs my $2,500 MacBook Pro. Sad, huh??? Yep, sure is sad. Especially, when their Genius stated himself to me.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Not too sure about this one.

If Apple do indeed push their staff it could result in even more errors/design flaws. It's WAY too soon to even start talking about iPhone 5.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Surely the iPhone 5 will be More magical than the 4th iPhone because when i held that phone, My signal strength magically disappeared!

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Ok, dare I say this... If Apple wants to truly be the company they dream of... They should become a software business. Get out of the hardware Steve-o!

Their computers are merely PC's with an Apple OS... soooo, why not just make and license the Apple OS?

The OS is the biggest selling point of the iPhone, so quit making phones and make and license the iPhone OS.

This plan turned MS into the giant it is and Google is making it work with Andriod quite well. Apple can still decide to who and on what hardware they will license it to...

This only makes sense to me.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]safcmanfr[/nom]News Flash: Steve Jobs has declared that the iPad is not too big to fit in a pocket, but that pockets are in fact too small for the iPad. in other news: iLounge reports that, from its usually reliable sources, Apple are about to launch an iJacket with iPockets which are 10" wide and 10" deep. Expected launch price is $500, but Steve Jobs thinks that is fair, as you get the pretty Apple logo on the iJacket collar.[/citation]
There is a t-shirt already designed for keeping the iPad and the news was posted on toms sometime back.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
You have to commemorate Macintosh for at least one thing: They have unbelievably effective marketing. Maybe Steve should come and sell ice for $500/kilogram in Canada, surely someone would pay.

G

it's somewhat foolish to think they apple would simply just wait for the release of the iPhone4 before starting development work on the iPhone5, chances are the iPhone5 design was pretty much mature before the release of the iPhone4, they are probably reworking the design to take into account recent 'real world' issues with the current design and chances are the iPhone5 will not be cosmetically that different from the iPhone4, so really, it's business as usual for apple

G

How about.... AT & T's 4g network will be ready in January of 2011.

Alatheia00

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
Apple are using Nvidia's rebranding tactics lol. The drooling rabid fanboys don't care either way.

1) Establish rabid fanbase

2) Sell defective goods or inferior goods for inflated prices to test how far the fanbase will bend over backwards and get shafted.

3) Now the waters have been tested, produce as many products as possible as envitably they will be snapped up by rabid fanbase, regardless of innovation, design or ability to perform their basic functions.

4) Bad mouth your competitors, because they are eating up your market share.

5) Blame defective products on rabid fanbase.

6) Go back to step 2

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]alexmihai[/nom]so Iphone 5 will be Iphone 4 with the antenna fixed ? and its only 200$[/citation]
Kind of in the same way that Windows 98 was Windows 95 with the software fixed. Or Windows 2000 was Windows ME but with the software fixed. Or Windows 7 was Windows Vista with the software fixed. How many times over did you pay the Microsoft Tax to get your bugs fixed?

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Kind of in the same way that Windows 98 was Windows 95 with the software fixed. Or Windows 2000 was Windows ME but with the software fixed. Or Windows 7 was Windows Vista with the software fixed. How many times over did you pay the Microsoft Tax to get your bugs fixed?[/citation]

Haha. And today... You can browse the web on your yuppie lil iPhone and maliciously, without your consent, it can be jail broken, taken over and rendered useless or used for some other nefarious activity. And what can you do? You're precious status devices has been ravaged and your warranty voided in the process.

Apple is working on a patch... But hey, in 5 months they'll have a NEW iPhone you can rush right out and claim you gotta have the latest and greatest all while ignoring the fact that it's just going to mask the flaws of the previous version...

By the way, giving the issues with the iPhone antenna, should "Magical" not be rebranded as "Slight of hand"?

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom] Or Windows 2000 was Windows ME but with the software fixed.[/citation]

If you think Windows 2000 was an "extension" of Windows 98, you just lost all credibility. Windows 2000 was built around the NT kernel.

xythrax4420

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
man i pine for the good old days when steve jobs was running apple into the ground. Now thanks to funding from microsoft's monopoly / trust trials they are pushing out more garbage then ever. "I believe customers want to pay more then what something is worth and that they also want to deal with the hassle of DRM on every device that they own, and not only that i think customers using microsoft windows want to be required to use software to interface with our devices that hogs resources and runs a bunch of services that don't actually do anything"
-Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.