Rumor: Microsoft 'Could' Buy Nokia for $19 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The story itself could be a "trial balloon" too see the reaction of the investment and shareholder community.

I bet it is likely. IMO the two companies will merge but each will retain their independence to a degree, keeping both names in tact.

I personally don't like such mergers, the bigger companies become the less agile, efficient, and innovative the become. IF I was M$ I wouldn't do this. If anything M$ needs to become a smaller organization and reconnect with their roots if they want to remain competitive and viable. MS also needs to get rid of that jerk Ballmer, and replace him with a young innovative type like the founders were. I'd love to hear who somebody like Bill Gates or Paul Allen would choose to run M$ today.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Gates "chose" (past tense) Ballmer.

I doubt that he would have done the same if he could do it over again.

I wonder who Allen would have selected, my guess is a better choice.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]gaeshfdjgtadghftjq6w35tytyrt4y[/nom]This is a retarded rumor[/citation]

This is a retarded name and comment.

G

Yes, they "could". Or they could wait a year for their mole to run the place *completely* into the ground and probably get it for $1.9 billion...

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Nokia is a failed company... MS would be stupid to buy it.[/citation]

A company reportedly worth 19 billion is a failed company?

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]hanrak[/nom]A company reportedly worth 19 billion is a failed company?[/citation]
Isn't Yahoo worth ~20billion?

Status
Not open for further replies.