Rumor: New iPad to Have 4G LTE; Called iPad HD, Not iPad 3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]blah_45[/nom]LOOOOK AT MEEEE!!! I'm third in line to post. Yay!! The world can see my post!! YAYYY!!!![/citation]
now they can't after it's hidden, plus it's not the third

G

Apple just keeps on innovating and making all the android kids jealous and mad!

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
[citation][nom]RAGEMORE[/nom]Apple just keeps on innovating and making all the android kids jealous and mad![/citation]

If that were true then we'd all buy ijunk. I prefer andriod any day over apple. I don't see anything innovating about ANY Igarbage.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]RAGEMORE[/nom]Apple just keeps on innovating and making all the android kids jealous and mad![/citation]
So when will they make it widescreen?
Surely 4:3 aspect ratio went out with TV shows from the 90's
Or is it because they are waiting till they can claim to have innovated enough to have "perfected" widescreen and therefore "invented" it...???

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]If that were true then we'd all buy ijunk. I prefer andriod any day over apple. I don't see anything innovating about ANY Igarbage.[/citation]
I guess that means you prefer dial-up over broadband. Good luck with the Android tablets. They;ll make nice doorstops along with your HD DVD player. Hope you don't mind shelling out $50-$60 extra dollars per device for anti-virus/malware protection. Read the the recent headlines about Android overtaking Symbian as the most corrupted OS.
By the way,I'll buy any Apple shares from those of you who claim you are looking to dump them (today's price only). If you feel that way about Apple, why would you have them in your portfolio?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]If you feel that way about Apple, why would you have them in your portfolio?[/citation]Because I buy stocks to make money. People buy Apple's (IMHO) mediocre products and I make money. 40% gain since mid-December! You're not seriously asking this question, are you?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]I guess that means you prefer dial-up over broadband. Good luck with the Android tablets. They;ll make nice doorstops along with your HD DVD player. Hope you don't mind shelling out $50-$60 extra dollars per device for anti-virus/malware protection. Read the the recent headlines about Android overtaking Symbian as the most corrupted OS.By the way,I'll buy any Apple shares from those of you who claim you are looking to dump them (today's price only). If you feel that way about Apple, why would you have them in your portfolio?[/citation]

How about you buy their shares based on the owners perceived value of the company. That should be a great deal.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]Hope you don't mind shelling out $50-$60 extra dollars per device for anti-virus/malware protection. Read the the recent headlines about Android overtaking Symbian as the most corrupted OS[/citation]
Actually the headline was the most attacked OS, the same way Windows is more attacked because there are simply more of them. Does that mean OSX is more secure? No, their policy for virus avoidance is and always has been to be so small in marketshare that no one will write viruses for them, which still isn't true and OSX has a notorious history of being the world's most insecure and easily exploitable operating system, in 2012 Mac viruses are growing at rate of 10% per month (source: McAfee).

Android is everywhere, so of course it is likely to be targetted more, but seeing as the user base aren't the codled Apple users of old who have been taught that "Apple doesn't get viruses" myth they are simply more aware and more vigilant against what is now an inevitable fact of modern online life.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]If you like it, buy it. Otherwise, ignore it.[/citation]

I did buy one. I own an apple ipad, and me and my wife both own iphone 4's. Can't wait to trade them in for a windows 8 or android tablet and phone... Love the hardware, hate the software..

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually the headline was the most attacked OS, the same way Windows is more attacked because there are simply more of them. Does that mean OSX is more secure? No, their policy for virus avoidance is and always has been to be so small in marketshare that no one will write viruses for them, which still isn't true and OSX has a notorious history of being the world's most insecure and easily exploitable operating system, in 2012 Mac viruses are growing at rate of 10% per month (source: McAfee).Android is everywhere, so of course it is likely to be targetted more, but seeing as the user base aren't the codled Apple users of old who have been taught that "Apple doesn't get viruses" myth they are simply more aware and more vigilant against what is now an inevitable fact of modern online life.[/citation]
You are wrong on two respects. I was taking about mobile platforms not all OS's. And yes iOS is far more secure. Not more words, McAfee's. Here is there position.
Apple's mobile OS is more secure than Android, but malware poses an increasing risk to all mobile devices and platforms, according to a new report from McAfee. Android attracted more malware in the second quarter than any other mobile platform. In the fight against malware, Apple's iOS outshines Android as a safer environment, but no mobile device is free from risk, says a new report from McAfee. Apple has so far done a good job of securing its devices, according to the report, noting that there have been no known cases of malware affecting iPhones, at least those that haven't been jailbroken. One reason iOS is more secure is because Apple restricts the way users can download apps.
You may also want to buy a Swiffer. That's to clean the dust of the Android based tablets. If I were Apple, I'd be far more afraid of Windows 8 but they may be to little too late to the party.

compuservant

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Because I buy stocks to make money. People buy Apple's (IMHO) mediocre products and I make money. 40% gain since mid-December! You're not seriously asking this question, are you?[/citation]
You are proving my point. If you think their stocks are going to drop because of what you perceive as "mediocre products", particularly, the new iPad, why aren't you selling today?
Of course, you won't because you and I know their price will go through the roof if they deliver anything other than a complete piece of junk which I highly doubt. Products are far more than specs posted by techie websites. People buy what they like, generally regardless of the price.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]radio_active stop being butthurt over "revolutionary" apple products[/citation]
Not an apple fan boy just pointing out the obvious lol. Its just funny that people bitch about articles, when they don't have to open them up.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
" the best overall tablet to them"

If guess for dumb people anything hyped up is perceived as the best. Even if it is a drm infested jail lacking user connectivity and the ability to porperly surf thousands of websites due to lack of flash and java support.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple just keeps on innovating and making all the android kids jealous and mad!

Ummm, it would be nice if Apple had some innovation. I would be the first to jump on their bandwagon. So far what they putout is more and more crap at hire and hire prices for dumber and dumber zombies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Because I buy stocks to make money. People buy Apple's (IMHO) mediocre products and I make money. 40% gain since mid-December!

Yes some of us will buy Apple stock and capitalize on its faithful clueless zombies not to mention the media hype surrounded iCrap. But we know better than to buy Apple's mediocre drm infested locked-down handyourwallet products.

Status
Not open for further replies.