Rumor: Next Xbox Won't Appear Until E3 2013

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Pffft, there will be no new consoles at least not major ones like PS3 and Xbox360. Services like OnLive (though not necessarily OnLive) are the future along with smartphone and tablet based games. Dinosaurs need to let their dedicated gaming hardware go.

jms22

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Hahaha...I don't think game developers making 1 billion+ in just one game release are complaining about anything. They don't care about graphics, specs or wich device it goes in, they just want to make money.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]. Facts:Console Positives:Consoles are WAY beter for fighting games like street Fighter or mortal kombat Consoles are generally better for third person action adventure games Consoles are WAY better for sports games [/citation]

Hmm, no I disagree. You don't really have any facts because 1. Opinions aren't facts, and 2. PC does everything better XD.

Last sport game I played was on the NES, and it sucked hard enough for me to not ever bother remembering it's name. So your opinion on consoles and sports games might be correct.

But as for fighter games and 3rd person adventure games. I beg to differ. Any 3rd person game on the PC is better then it's console counterpart. The graphics are better, you get more FPS, faster load times, faster save games, better control choices (Pad or keyboard/mouse). Which goes into my next point, fighting games on the PC. Where it is generally the common opinion the game controllers are superior for fighting games (Which i'm sure is not 100% true for 100% of the population) but it's irrelevant because they make great console-like controllers that work perfectly on a PC. Multiplayer is done through online connection, just like every other multiplayer PC game, so not like consoles got it beat there.

Bottom line is that anything a console can do, a PC can do it better. And the price of upgrading your PC (If you're smart of enough to do it yourself) is very easy on the wallet these days. A complete 1080p gaming PC costs less to build the the PS3 and Xbox360 did when they first came out.

Then add in the million things a PC can do that a console can't, and the choice is a no-brainer.

PC is superior in every way, and is not really any more expensive if you're smart about how you shop for one.

GG.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I forgot to mention use-made content like custom maps and game mods that consoles lack is a huge part of many games.

Just another reason PC is the only real choice for gamers.

iceman1992

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i see that as a good thing, because remember before current gen consoles, how often games would try to one up each other on the pc, almost to the point of requiring a yearly upgrade.i really dont mind if the pollys are held back, at least this way when the jump happens its meaningfull, and not superficial, it also helps us because engines get optomised, and we never have to have another crysis like game, where its pretty as hell, but the engine was such crap it required how much to run it, and how long was it before the game was playable maxed out?[/citation]
Well okay, good point. Crysis is a good example for that. Another example : FSX, doesn't look too good but required a hell lot of a CPU

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
On one side i got about 20 some friends that own consoles. On my right side i got 3 friends who own amazing PC's who love gaming it up. I own both platforms and i welcome anything new heading forward and not backwards. For the last 8 years I have tried to convert console gamers to PC gamers, i have failed. Do i care, not at all, i own both platforms and i enjoy both equally although i experience more FPS/RTS fun on a PC then a console, the console still serves a purpose, and ultimately i have a lot of fun on both it really just depends on what game it is, and how many of my friends are getting it for what.. Battlefield 3 Won me over not because of how many friends, but on the 64 player front, although a bit disappointed it wasn't more then its predecessor but i am truly happy a sequel will be out in less than 24 hours =D. Can't wait to hear what the future xbox specs will be, and how it will look and play.

chosenlast

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Enough with the crying about the dx9 consoles holding back progress, etc. Although I do not like it I can deal with a little less, and I will quietly wait until people start using their dollars to dictate the market. Please do the same and quit flaming up these boards everytime a console is mentioned in an article. We get it, you like your computer.

Although I am an avid pc gamer, I also like to:

Rent games

Play multiplayer with my kid/friends who can sit right next to me on my comfortable couch. Hard to do with keyboard and mouse.

Not install or update anything all the time (PS3 excluded, thanks to bfbc2 and the 1 + gb updates) or aggravating clients like origins, steam, etc.

They both have their place, and consoles are winning probably for the exact reasons stated above.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]stereopsis[/nom]I know a lot of people love their consoles so no offence intended, but I just can't relate to playing games on a console. I don't know what would make them the preferred platform over PCs (besides possibly ease of installation).[/citation]

Plenty of factor's that make them appeal to users.

1. Easy to use (Parents don't have to buy and build a computer for their kids to play on, can just plug in and play).
2. Don't need to knowledge to build a computer or maintain a computer
3. Cheaper if they aren't building a PC themselves.
4.No need to worry about virus's (minus the sony hack).
5. you can chill out in your front room in a sofa and just play after a days work. (personal experience - it's just hard to play on the PC whilst in a sofa)
6.installation times as you said.

I myself am a PC gamer, but you can't be so short-sighted to say you can't think of ANY reasons for consoles to exist.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Cant wait for the next consol gen wars, the graphics should be amazing.

The real reason for my post is I think I can speak for every heterosexual male in saying that we always tend to imagine the girl who joined our squad in whatever game we are playing looks just like the one in the picture even though we know it is probably (99.999%) not true.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Ha and my PC which is now 6 generations ahead of consoles in tech will be twice that by then. This is great news if your 13-17. Meanwhile back to playing BF3 at 2560 x 1600 res, 16gb ddr3, 2 x GTX 580s 3gb versions in SLI, 2600k @ 4.7 ...enough said![/citation]
Poser. We all have this system, in fact I'm running the not yet released Intel i9 4995E @ 8.5 GHz with 12 cores and 24 threads, 128 GB of DDR4 3500 MHz RAM, four 1 TB SSD in raid 1+0, and lets not forget my set of 4 Radeon HD 9990 powering my (6) 64" 2160p monitors setup with Eyefinity 3.0.

Boyah, who's got a bigger Epenis now. Bitch

royalcrown

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Ha and my PC which is now 6 generations ahead of consoles in tech will be twice that by then. This is great news if your 13-17. Meanwhile back to playing BF3 at 2560 x 1600 res, 16gb ddr3, 2 x GTX 580s 3gb versions in SLI, 2600k @ 4.7 ...enough said![/citation]

Ha, and my i7 iMac can probably play it just fine....

The only thing you are doing with those 2 580's is listening to the fans...they are going to waste with todays crappy ports and sloppy coding.

royalcrown

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Poser. We all have this system, in fact I'm running the not yet released Intel i9 4995E @ 8.5 GHz with 12 cores and 24 threads, 128 GB of DDR4 3500 MHz RAM, four 1 TB SSD in raid 1+0, and lets not forget my set of 4 Radeon HD 9990 powering my (6) 64" 2160p monitors setup with Eyefinity 3.0. Boyah, who's got a bigger Epenis now. Bitch[/citation]

actually the next res is probably 4k so your monitor should be much higher res than 2160p. Something like 16,535p each for those radeon 9900's.

On the REGULAR computer side, I can't even hear mine going full speed unlesss it has a disc in the drive, it's dead quiet. I think that beat's having quad vacuum cleaners...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Main reason consoles gained traction is because of kids, gadgetry (motion gaming) and pirating issues with PC platform. If so many titles were not pirated on the PC platform the PC gaming would remain dominant. So yeah some of you will continue to pirate and not care but remember you will be hurting the industry you enjoy and screw the rest of us.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Poser. We all have this system, in fact I'm running the not yet released Intel i9 4995E @ 8.5 GHz with 12 cores and 24 threads, 128 GB of DDR4 3500 MHz RAM, four 1 TB SSD in raid 1+0, and lets not forget my set of 4 Radeon HD 9990 powering my (6) 64" 2160p monitors setup with Eyefinity 3.0. Boyah, who's got a bigger Epenis now. Bitch[/citation]

Screen shot or it didnt happen!

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I don't mind waiting if the girl in that picture is included *sarcasm*[/citation]
I clicked this article because of her, otherwise who cares about a xbox rumor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS