Rumor: Project Cafe Controller Has Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

games for the iPod from apple are for when you are creating dookie real games on real consoles will always be in demand by people who actually play video games as something to do. fu(k apple and all there propaganda spreading DOOK brainwashing at its finest LLA

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
This is just dumb. Nintendo should ditch this fancy controller idea, and focus on making a good console instead.

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Can someone tell me why a controller needs its own camera? It doesn't quite make sense to me.[/citation]

Augmented reality.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]This is just dumb. Nintendo should ditch this fancy controller idea, and focus on making a good console instead.[/citation]
You trying to say the controller isn't important and Nintendo should spend more money on the hardware? That isn't the way Nintendo rolls.

Chieftexas

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
There is no way they could release a sytem with 6" touchscreens and cameras on the controllers without the cost being astronomical.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i dont like this idea. This seems like another move to spawn casual market games. I fits true itll just make more room for crappy games trying to do something with the hardware, and failing. I just hope ninterndo makes a controller that developers would actually like to use. The wii controller sold alot because it was something new, but failed with developers because the controller and hardware sucked. The R700 structure isnt so bad, but they should focus alot more on making a versatile controller than putting useless cameras and touchscreen on them.

This is more suited for the casual market, like taking pictures of teacups for cooking mama, or taking a picture of a bone for nintendogs.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hold up, a built-in HD projector? That sounds a little far fetched. It would be a waste of money as not many people would use such a feature in favor of an HDTV. Nintendo would likely include DVD playback before they'd build in an HD projector.

G

Wii remotes have cameras in them too, don't they? How is it unexpected or surprising in any way that Nintendo's next console might feature a controller with a camera?

G

The console WONT have an HD projector, that just the writers conjecture. it is false. And the controller is like a 360 contoller, with a 6 inch screen.
you know when yur playing games with 4 friends, and everyone has the split screens, your contoller will only display your section of the screen. in case you dont want to play on a tv, you can take yur contoller somewhere away from the console and play directly on the controller, the possibilities are endless.
i think the inclusion of the screen is ingenious. Nintnedo is really making a comeback with a controller that is both casual and will also work with the hardcore games, call of duty, need for speed shift, the graphics of the machine are beyond PS3 and Xbox 360's so Nintendos leapfroggion everyone else with this new controller..
theyve gained a bigger market, maybe lost some of those hardcore gamers, but they should all come back cuz now nintendo is making a console which will appeal to EVERYONE. time again for nintendo to dominate the game market. just like old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.