Rumor: Sony Revealing PSP2 This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]I really hope they do something about the UMD games people have bought over the years.[/citation]
Yes, I worry about this. They will probably have no backwards compatibility for PSP.. except for the games you can get off the PlayStation Network.

I don't think it will have an optical drive, hopefully it won't be completely digital downloads.. that would be quite poor.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
luckily i was not an owner of the original psp so no harm done for me ^_^

BUT I HOPE THEY UNDERCUT THE 3DS PRICING O GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Look, I thought the PSP Phone will be combining the PSP2 hardware and phone into one, and I thought that was the whole point of a PSP Phone. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure what's the point of having two very similar devices.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]BUT I HOPE THEY UNDERCUT THE 3DS PRICING O GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE[/citation]

Well, if they're going to be concentrating on producing something extremely powerful... I don't see how it could be all that cheap.

The PSP2 could well be a freaking graphics tank with power that makes the 3DS look like total crap, you need to wear gloves to play it to not burn yourself, has 15 mins battery life.. And the extended battery pack option is a car battery.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Well, if they're going to be concentrating on producing something extremely powerful... I don't see how it could be all that cheap.The PSP2 could well be a freaking graphics tank with power that makes the 3DS look like total crap, you need to wear gloves to play it to not burn yourself, has 15 mins battery life.. And the extended battery pack option is a car battery.[/citation]

All of which are overpriced optional extras, its how they make their money back off the huge loss they'll inevitably make per unit if the PS3 is anything to go by.

I'll still get one though, i don't care about the back catalogue of PSP games i already have, i just don't want a UMD drive.

lazymangaka

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Between traditional handheld gaming and smartphone/tablet gaming, we'll soon be able to play some sort of games no matter where we go and what we have with us. It's a good time to be a gamer.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]So... What about a phone for the hardcore gamer?[/citation]
I personally think the PSP Phone is definitely geared towards the hardcore crowd instead of the casual crowd. I can't imagine a casual gamer wanting to buy a phone specifically for playing games. I would definitely get it to play all my old PSOne favorites on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.