Run the sims 4?

Hilary_3

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Will this pc run the sims4 ok? HP V8Q04AA#ABL 23.8-Inch Full HD Touchscreen All-in-One (AMD A8-7410, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon R5 Graphics) with Windows 10 Home Desktop or what about a HP 15-ay011nr 15.6" Full-HD Laptop (6th Generation Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) with Windows 10

Solution
The HP All-in-One PC is less powerful than the laptop. You will get better performance with the laptop. The link below demonstrates the Sims 4 being played on a 6th generation i7-6500u with the Intel HD 520 at 1080p using medium graphic settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT2SGbZykhA

The HP laptop will not run the as well because it only has a Core i5-6200u CPU with the Intel HD 520. But the Sims 4 should not be very CPU demanding. However, the laptop used to demo the Sims 4 has 2 sticks of RAM (8GB total; 2x 4GB sticks). When laptops have two sticks of RAM installed, the RAM will run at full speed rather than half speed. This can improve integrated graphics performance by 10% to 15%, but it varies depending on the game...
The HP All-in-One PC is less powerful than the laptop. You will get better performance with the laptop. The link below demonstrates the Sims 4 being played on a 6th generation i7-6500u with the Intel HD 520 at 1080p using medium graphic settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT2SGbZykhA

The HP laptop will not run the as well because it only has a Core i5-6200u CPU with the Intel HD 520. But the Sims 4 should not be very CPU demanding. However, the laptop used to demo the Sims 4 has 2 sticks of RAM (8GB total; 2x 4GB sticks). When laptops have two sticks of RAM installed, the RAM will run at full speed rather than half speed. This can improve integrated graphics performance by 10% to 15%, but it varies depending on the game.

Laptop sold nowadays only have stick of RAM installed unless the description specifically states two sticks of RAM or if the laptop has 12GB (8GB + 4GB) or 16GB (2x 8GB) of RAM.

Solution