Solved! Running a pc on less power than required

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
How do you even play on connecting your 15v to your laptop? Does the connector even fit? And it is not just voltage you need to worry about. There is also the matter of current. If that 15V DC is only good for 1 amp, I'd be surprised your laptop would even boot. Most of the 19.5V laptops would need 3A or more, since a lot of those PSU are rated for for like 60Watts or 90Watts as typical most major laptop brands. (4A x 20V = 80 Watts for simple math). 1A at 15V = 15 watts so drastically inadequate. And to top it off, if the polarity is wrong, you might end up with a smoky mess.

nobspls

Proper
Mar 14, 2018
How do you even play on connecting your 15v to your laptop? Does the connector even fit? And it is not just voltage you need to worry about. There is also the matter of current. If that 15V DC is only good for 1 amp, I'd be surprised your laptop would even boot. Most of the 19.5V laptops would need 3A or more, since a lot of those PSU are rated for for like 60Watts or 90Watts as typical most major laptop brands. (4A x 20V = 80 Watts for simple math). 1A at 15V = 15 watts so drastically inadequate. And to top it off, if the polarity is wrong, you might end up with a smoky mess.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1