s6 dropping wifi connection

taki tsan

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I have a samsung galaxy s6 and i connected it to my vdsl router and all worked fine for about two months until now. I connect to the network and as soon as i let my phone charge, when its fully charged and i try to connect again to the network iy wont even appear on the wifi list until i reset my router. Other networks show up except mine. Its not routers prob cause other smartphonea can connect to the wifi. Any help appreciated

Solution
I did get that. This is why I mentioned the "Smart Network Switch" on the phone first, and moving the router second. The "Smart Network Switch" can often cause what is happening to you. If this is not the case, and it is not the location of the router, then you would have to dig a bit deeper to see if anything else is interfering with the connection.
It seems that phones using Lollipop have this issue. The "Smart Network Switch" invokes high CPU in Lollipop, and drops wifi much more often.

One way to fix this, if your phone will allow you to access it, is to disable "Smart Network Switch". It should be under "WiFi", then "Advanced".

You might also wish to consider, if the above doesn't completely fix the problem, moving where your router is located. If it is within a cabinet, or low in the room, this can also cause problems. Moving it higher up, and unrestricted, can help.

taki tsan

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

you didnt understand.. sometimes i get 5/5 strong signal and sometimes my wifi wont appear until i restart the router ( it wont appear even if im standing right next to the router)

I did get that. This is why I mentioned the "Smart Network Switch" on the phone first, and moving the router second. The "Smart Network Switch" can often cause what is happening to you. If this is not the case, and it is not the location of the router, then you would have to dig a bit deeper to see if anything else is interfering with the connection.

Solution

taki tsan

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

I already disabled it and no nothing interferes :(

Hmm. Sounds like you have tried everything on the phone. That leaves only the router. I know you say it doesn't cause problems for other items using it, but how old is the router? compared to the items accessing it? And also how many items are accessing it? It is possible that something in the router is limiting how many things can be connected. Unfortunately that is not an area I have much info on. You could try asking in the computer forums. Just a thought.

taki tsan

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

The router is a couple months brand new. Its a vdsl router.

Have you checked the routers settings? To see if there is anything that could be causing the drop? Also, you said the drop happens all the time and you have to reset the router to get the connection back.... what about when you use wifi elsewhere? Are you having this same issue? That would help narrow it down to either the phone or the router.