safe Tetris

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Easy question.
My wife wants Tetris for her PPC. I have found a few sites that sell
the game. As an old paranoid guy, I have some concern about the
legitimacy of various sites. I would like feedback on whcich
sites/games offer quality products.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from JLunis <jlunis@charter.net> (Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:26:
43) about ""safe Tetris"":

> Easy question.
> My wife wants Tetris for her PPC. I have found a few sites that sell the
> game. As an old paranoid guy, I have some concern about the legitimacy
> of various sites. I would like feedback on whcich sites/games offer
> quality products.

Before you do that, at least check on some freeware versions of this older,
more established game, some of which are pretty high in quality.

Go here :
http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php

and search for "tetris"

A couple examples:

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1205

even better, and supports playing against a laptop: http://www.
pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=540

Good luck
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I've got Brick Breaker from www.pocketGear.com and it doesn't seem to be
doing anything funky to my PPC or laptop, of course a Mongolian Devil
Orchid in a pot of Ministroni was delivered to my house yesterday by a 4
foot tall woman wearing a Janet Reno mask in a skimmy pink polka dot
mini skirt. The REALLY strange thing is that she asked me to sign the
delivery manifest with a blue pen as opposed to black.

David H

JLunis wrote:
> Easy question.
> My wife wants Tetris for her PPC. I have found a few sites that sell
> the game. As an old paranoid guy, I have some concern about the
> legitimacy of various sites. I would like feedback on whcich
> sites/games offer quality products.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:e3CD6tzHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> a Mongolian Devil Orchid in a pot of Ministroni was delivered to my house
> yesterday by a 4 foot tall woman wearing a Janet Reno mask in a skimmy
> pink polka dot mini skirt. The REALLY strange thing is that she asked me
> to sign the delivery manifest with a blue pen as opposed to black.
>


Man, I hate it when that happens... Oh, wait, you said ministroni, not
cavatini, my bad...
 

ME

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
506
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:56:48 -0500, xTenn wrote:


>
> Man, I hate it when that happens... Oh, wait, you said ministroni, not
> cavatini, my bad...

LOL again! are you in a good mood lately xTenn? keep it up m8!


--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

In the past I used to play with Qtris from
http://www.applian.com/pocketpc/classic_games/index.php

The site is OK, Applian is a known company.

Another option is to look for the word Tetris in www.pocketgear.com or in
www.handango.com . Both sites are very well known in the Pocket PC
community, and a search on each one gave me more than 30 variations of the
game, even with some freeware versions.

--
********************************************************
Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
********************************************************
"JLunis" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
news:UhjVd.652$0n.311@fe03.lga...
> Easy question.
> My wife wants Tetris for her PPC. I have found a few sites that sell the
> game. As an old paranoid guy, I have some concern about the legitimacy of
> various sites. I would like feedback on whcich sites/games offer quality
> products.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Next thing you know they'll want to build a new hyperspace bypass right
through Earth, issue the announcement that the demolition of Earth has
been approved and notify the public by posting the announcment in a
dark, long forgotten closet in a plain, unremarkable building on an out
of the way planet.

Don't Panic.

David H

xTenn wrote:
> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:e3CD6tzHFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
>>a Mongolian Devil Orchid in a pot of Ministroni was delivered to my house
>>yesterday by a 4 foot tall woman wearing a Janet Reno mask in a skimmy
>>pink polka dot mini skirt. The REALLY strange thing is that she asked me
>>to sign the delivery manifest with a blue pen as opposed to black.
>>
>
>
>
> Man, I hate it when that happens... Oh, wait, you said ministroni, not
> cavatini, my bad...
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> (Wed,
02 Mar 2005 20:53:08) about ""Re: safe Tetris"":

> Next thing you know they'll want to build a new hyperspace bypass right
> through Earth, issue the announcement that the demolition of Earth has
> been approved and notify the public by posting the announcment in a
> dark, long forgotten closet in a plain, unremarkable building on an out
> of the way planet.


That was quite deserving of "mostly harmless" - can't wait for the movie!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I had the opportunity to meet a gentlement with Walt Disney Studios who
did confirm that the pot of petunias did make the cut.

xTenn wrote:
> Reply to message from "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> (Wed,
> 02 Mar 2005 20:53:08) about ""Re: safe Tetris"":
>
> > Next thing you know they'll want to build a new hyperspace bypass right
> > through Earth, issue the announcement that the demolition of Earth has
> > been approved and notify the public by posting the announcment in a
> > dark, long forgotten closet in a plain, unremarkable building on an out
> > of the way planet.
>
>
> That was quite deserving of "mostly harmless" - can't wait for the movie!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:uZXVrdHIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I had the opportunity to meet a gentlement with Walt Disney Studios who did
>confirm that the pot of petunias did make the cut.
>


Most excellent. The ethereal aspects would really be lacking without it.
Not to mention that the scene does set up tie-ins for future movies.

Now if only they can make Marvin glum enough - all those years of apathy and
resentment really need to leech from the screen, in a suicidal metalic
robotic kind of way...
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I'll be wearing a towel to the premier.

xTenn wrote:
> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
> news:uZXVrdHIFHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
>>I had the opportunity to meet a gentlement with Walt Disney Studios who did
>>confirm that the pot of petunias did make the cut.
>>
>
>
>
> Most excellent. The ethereal aspects would really be lacking without it.
> Not to mention that the scene does set up tie-ins for future movies.
>
> Now if only they can make Marvin glum enough - all those years of apathy and
> resentment really need to leech from the screen, in a suicidal metalic
> robotic kind of way...
>
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:27:17 -0500, "David C. Holley"
<DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote:

>I'll be wearing a towel to the premier.

Sass this crazy Frood, he really knows where his towel is.

YP ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY