Safety Board Recommends Total Cell Phone Ban for Drivers

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]WyomingKnott[/nom]Because a ban on texting is easy to get behind, while a ban on talking is not. So, naturally, supporters will phrase it in terms of a ban on texting.Or was that a rhetorical question?[/citation]
No, it's not rhetorical. I am very much wanting to know why people support a TOTAL ban on cell phone usage, including hands free, but only talk about the dangers of texting.

I want to know why people support the banning of hands free talking while driving. I want them to explain if they support a ban on having passengers in the car as well since you will talk to a passenger and that is at least just as dangerous, if not more since since people tend to turn on occasion to make eye contact for a moment. Also I wish them to say if parents should be banned from driving their children because they have to concentrate on the road and talk even moreso to them than an adult passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.