Solved! Sager/clevo Bios update disaster

xkoldr3nx

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Had a nasty mbr virus i couldn't get rid of..so I deleted partitions went to bios and did fn+b to recover bios I believe it flashed bios and vbios. I've been researching and troubleshooting for over a week. I've tried power reset, cmos reset.. Removed everything and the only thing to keep it from restarting every 10 seconds is taking my cpu out. Here are my symptoms.

Sager np9377 clevo p377sma
-black screen
-no post
-constant restart
-recovery bios cmd makes fans go off and on with power led flashing. (Maybe because it can't detect bios files on flash drive due to my usb 3.0 slots?)
-no beeping
-flash drive lights up only with processor in during bios recovery process but I only have usb 3.0 slots.
-depression

Could a bios update with cdrom possibly help? Running out of options.. :(

xkoldr3nx

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Maybe there is a way to force bios flash with cdrom with right commands? Or try and use my recovery feature fn+b key combo to detect bios on cdrom? Anyone have experience with this?

Well yes if you knew what keys to press when and when you need to hit them for the timing, you can do the BIOS flash blind.

You can try removing the main battery and remove the CMOS battery from motherboard, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, then plug in only wall power see if it turns on. If it does, put the CMOS battery back in and see if it works normally after that.