Saints Row IV Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
there is a site called Toms Games, but Im not sure if they still do anything with it. but I like the occasional game review for a game thats been in the news as much as this one has. Toms has had quite a few news stories following this game and it seems fitting to see a review up. Also, this site isnt just about electronics. this site has always done some gaming news.

"The company’s flagship publications provide millions of readers with unbiased reviews, news and information on technology, consumer electronics, enterprise IT, and more, and helps simplify the purchasing process by providing high-quality content readers can trust. "

I liked this game. it was very fun, but I think it was made less fun because of the super speed. there isnt much reason to get in a car when you can just charge down the road on foot like the Hulk.

x2ruff4u

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Tom's site isn't what it used to be. I've disabled ads because reviews/blog like this give me irrelevant ads. Hate that "1 weird trick" ad >.>

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I don't mind one bit if Toms does the odd game review. Breaks the monotony of reading about hardware. Half of the hardware news don't interest me anyway, if you don't like, don't click.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Got to love SR series

Glad this reviewer understood, that SR is a parody paying respect to the gaming industry thru comedy. People who bash this as a GTA rip off, just dont understand

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
@mobrocket
I understand it is a parody, but for me--Just Cause 2 is the absolute pinnacle of the "sandbox parody" game, and it is so much more enjoyable than Saints Row 3, and probably this sequel (most sites I've seen say SR4 is slightly inferior to SR3).

Plus the graphics in JC2 were light years better looking than SR3 too. Take a plane over the island---its freaking beautiful with the graphics maxed.

cjmcgee

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
1) No field of view setting!
2) Only saves at checkpoints, which seem to be spaced out like 15 to 30 minutes apart at least at the beginning of the game.

#1 has a hack to get around, but it is a real pain to configure. But, combined with #2 it means you will be spending a lot of time re-watching cut scenes and replaying the first 20 minutes of the beginning of the game again every time you have to exit to mess with the settings. Farcry 3 had these same problems.

If Skyrim can manage to save the location and state of every single object and NPC in the world at any time I don't see why these other open world games can't manage to save anymore often then every 30 minutes.

It pissed me off enough that I lost all my motivation to play within about an hour of getting the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.