Sam Raimi to Direct World of Warcraft Movie

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Shouldn't blizzard just let the guys that did the cinematics for Diablo II make the movie...

O.T. Was "Evil Dead" a movie made in college? with a budget of like 2dollars and a free camera?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Uwe Boll is GOD!
Postal was EPIC!

It took a 10 people team 13 months to create the 3 minute WOTLK intro movie... How long will this take.

By the way...
Uwe Boll working alongside Steven Spielberg would make this a movie worth watching. =D

hrafnthor

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Apparently that Harry Potter kid is in the running to play Bilbo Baggins.[/citation]

NO it can't be, that's impossible :(

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
The WoW movie plot is...

America: "Damn those nefarious Chinese gold farmers! We gotta get our characters, then we have to (insert MMO gibberish) and kill them all!"

China: "Hey, those damn Americans are attacking us! Retaliaaaaate!"

Movie turns into real war of US vs China.

sanctoon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]P_haze420[/nom]Yup, Peter Jackson will be director.[/citation]

Nope. The guy who directed hellboy 2 will direct the hobbit

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
consider the market for this:

This movie won't be like Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Star Trek. In those movies you had two types of people, the hardcore fans that will dress up and show up on opening night, and the normal folks who will be pulled in out of curiousity.

This movie will just encompass that first group. I don't see many normal middle-of-the-road folks going to see this movie. I think it will make money, because after all there are a lot of WoW people out there, but this will be a niche film.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]astrodudepsu[/nom]This movie will just encompass that first group. I don't see many normal middle-of-the-road folks going to see this movie. I think it will make money, because after all there are a lot of WoW people out there, but this will be a niche film.[/citation]
I'd say wait to see where they go with it before we jump to conclusions on who it will interest.

As for Sam Raimi, I thought he did a good job directing the Spiderman movies. It's that Toby McGuire and Kirsten Dunst who made the movies unbearable (to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.