Sam Raimi to Direct World of Warcraft Movie

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I hate blizzard these days, they shut down my favorite private servers, starcraft 2 gets no lan support, etc. I actually have a strict rule - to never again give blizzard any of my money.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
Will this be the soundtrack?

Of all the men of Azeroth I must say,
That my least favorite race is the elf.
I'd rather have lunch with a fat ogre,
Than to spend one moment with an elf.
I'd rather take a slime to a homey pub,
Than to toast to an elf's health.
They tall and purple and all too skinny,
And of this you must be sure,
That elves are the sickliest things around,
And sadly there is no cure.

Ooo…ooo…ooo…ooo!

Stay away from those crooked elves!
They look like women and smell like hell.
So if you would take my sound advice,
Keep a distance of at least ten feet
I'd rather go fishing with Onyxia,
Than to go fishing with an elf.
I'd rather go swimming with a dead murloc,
Than boating with an ugly elf.
Their voices are fem and they don't resemble men,
They're bodies are void of hair,
And so I'm sure you can understand,
Why they give me such a scare.

Ooo…ooo…ooo…ooo!

Keep a distance of at least ten feet.

Despite my better judgment,
I once went camping with an elf.
He stole my s'mores and dented my pots,
And made the campground smell.
Of lavender and rose buds,
Such nasty smells they be.
And so I threw him into the lake,
Then went and had some tea.
Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ooo…ooo…ooo…ooo!

Keep a distance of at least ten feet.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]mrkenan[/nom]meh, the first Spiderman movie was good but 2 and 3 were cheese fests. I've learned not to get excited over videogame movies.Anyone remember Doom? or how bout that Dungeon Siege movie?[/citation]
Spiderman's aren't video game movies.

and Dugeon Siege is Uwe Boll which someone already mentioned. That alone is enough of an answer for you as to why there is not a reason to remember Dugeon Siege.

*cringes*IMDB says Uwe Boll is directing a Far Cry and a Rampage movie. =\ I wonder if that is the Rampage I remember.

[citation][nom]jgiron[/nom]WOW movie will be the sequel to Army of Darkness. nickel barada klaatuopps[/citation]
also an FYI - IMDB said Sam Raimi is listed as a producer/writer/director for a movie - The Evil Dead (2010) and it lists Sam Raimi in connection with a movie in development - Evil Dead IV - and I don't think that's WoW ;)

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
2 movies at the same time! Take note fledgling directors... this is how to make 2 crap movies simultaneously!

Might as well have Uwe Boll direct it if you're going to have that level of dedication.

What ever happened to the Halo movie? Even Starcraft would make a more entertaining movie. It's disheartening to see that people can essentially play the exact same thing for 5 years straight and not get bored. How about an MMO that doesn't involve swords, magic, boars, bears, and wolves? ugh...

Commence the "thumbs down" fanboys... I know you'll do it.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]blazer_123[/nom]Good for Blizzard by not letting Uwe Boll get the script. Sam Raimi is a very good director that unfortunately made the Spiderman movies.[/citation]

I laughed a lot with this comment. You know when I read the title (before even reading the content) I thought the same thing "Woah it is a miracle that this project didn't fall on Uwe Boll's hands"

For those who don't know Uwe Boll's directing profile: (Game-based movies)

BloodRayne 3: Warhammer
Far Cry (2008) (producer)
Alone in the Dark II (2008) (V) (producer)
BloodRayne 2: Deliverance (2007) (V) (executive producer)
Postal (2007) (producer)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007) (producer)
BloodRayne (2005) (producer)
Alone in the Dark (2005) (executive producer)
House of the Dead (2003) (producer)
Tunnel Rats (2008) (executive producer)

(credits for IMDB for this Copy/Paste maneuver).

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Personally, Blizzard has a ton of story to pull from and with Raimi directing the elements for a spectacular fantasy movie are there. Will it deliver I don't know, but I think they have a nice foundation to work with.

I don't play wow but I like fantasy movies, if I go in with that in mind and don't get hung up on "that's no how it really happened ingame", I think I could be pleasantly suprised.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
The movie industry needs to die. They fail to persuade me to go to the movies anymore. I'd rather stay at home and watch Spartacus, Ben-Hur, Gone with the Wind then the Sound of Music none stop.

G

I would like to see Bruce Campbell play a Richard (from Looking for Group) style Warlock.

lolwuut

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Hope it has a Bruce Campbell cameo ;) (raimi fans know what i'm talking about)

Seriously though, glad it's not being butchered by Uwe Boll, and I hope Blizzard doesn't let it suck.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Finally some news on the Warcraft movie. I read they haven't been paying royalties to the Tolkein family for the past Lord of the Ring movies. And in their clause, they can pull The Hobbit movie if they want to. Here's hoping they freakin pay the Tolkeins. But Peter Jackson is not directing it as someone have said. Guillermo Del Toro is directing The Hobbit and Peter Jackson is producer.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
I think the funniest Uwe Boll cutscene among all of his movies is in Postal

Some of you, (please don't make me the only specimen that watched Postal) might remember the Postal movie scene where Uwe Boll is promoting is latest movie then there's a part which makes you think >> aww that's the crappy director

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Ok sorry, had some login issues.

Some of you, (please don't make me the only specimen that watched Postal) might remember the Postal movie scene where Uwe Boll is promoting is latest movie then there's a part which makes you think >> aww that's the crappy director

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Sorry for the triple post. Hey I'm having little isue here...the post is not showing completely ...it just ends in the "crappy director" when there is more.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008

Some of you, (please don't make me the only specimen that watched Postal) might remember the Postal movie scene where Uwe Boll is promoting is latest movie then there's a part which makes you think
( aww that's the crappy director.) Turn out that in the middle of a gunfight, Uwe Boll ( acting as himself) dies from a gunshot on his Uwe Fail balls.

Gettin' back to the main topic, there are a few good names on this project, get your hopes up. Otherwise, it will be a huge King Kong sized "THUMBS WAYYYY DOWN" as someone previously posted.

Now it is complete :) . Sorry again

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I am thoroughly amazed that they got Sam Raimi. I can't wait finally some news on the damn movie, Expected release date is 2012 according to other site so he will more than likely be doing the project as soon as he finishes spiderman 4.

I remember when they first announced the Warcraft movie and was set to be released 2009, little did we know all they managed to do in 2009 was announce the director. Better than nothing I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.