Samsung: 1 Million Galaxy S Phones Sold Already

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I love my Captivate for the most part. You couldn't ask for better hardware. My complaints are the GPS issues and I would like to get rid of TouchWiz 3.0 because it does slow down this beast of a phone.
Also AT&T fills the phone with SO much Bloatware that can;t be readily removed.
Looking forward to the Froyo update and GPS fix we've been promised.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I said it before, I'd already own one of these if it had a keyboard. I know, keyboards are bulky, make the phone thick and heavy, but damnit, even with Swype, that touch-screen keypad just doesn't suffice. I may not be able to set a world record with my physical keyboard, but I certainly couldn't set it with Swype and my big ass fingers.

Personally, I'm waiting to see if the G2 is as good as promised. Otherwise, when my contract is up, I may have to leave T-Mobile and the fond memories of my G1 behind.

tmax

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
I replaced my iPhone 3G with the Captivate just one week ago. I love my new Captivate phone. Wish support software like Kies was a little better but, overall I am very happy.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
This is a bit misquoted. They shipped 1 million phones and that does mean they sold LESS THAN 1 million phones unless they are totally sold out.

G

Have a Captivate through AT&T. Absolutely love it. Native SWYPE, best screen ever, super fast processor. And in such a sleek package. Makes my wife's iPhone seem a bit clunky.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
yeah, this phone alone has less than iPhone 4, but then consider how this is just samsung alone, you've got to consider the entire line-up of andriod phones, or at least those with the specs which are at or above that of the iPhone in terms of user experience!

Then.... iPhone is no longer the king/queen of all phones!

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Proud owner of the Captivate phone. Love the S-AMOLED screen. The pictures look stunning compare to iphone4. And I have not seen any ghosting as opposed to the LCD screens. Speed wise, it is fast. Just as fast as iphone4. But still waiting for Froyo update.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]iPhone is no longer the king/queen of all phones![/citation]

It never really was even if we only talk about the Smart Phone market. BlackBerry was the leader for a long time. For all cell phones; Samsung and Motorola have always been bigger than Apple.

Microsoft is re-joining the fray soon after re-inventing the iPhone err I mean Windows Phone 7. Given where they are positioning their new phone I don't see it competing with BlackBerry so much as whatever the average Xbox user has for a phone.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
BTW, the "Kies" software was so easily installed. I have no problem getting to run on my Vista machine. I was able to type/input all my contacts using Kies, and then upload/sync it to my Captivate. Therefore, I have a backup on my Vista PC as well. Moreover, the backup I have is a CSV 'text' file that I can port to any machine. This is one great feature that the iphone4 doesn't offer.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I said it before, I'd already own one of these if it had a keyboard. I know, keyboards are bulky, make the phone thick and heavy, but damnit, even with Swype, that touch-screen keypad just doesn't suffice. I may not be able to set a world record with my physical keyboard, but I certainly couldn't set it with Swype and my big ass fingers.Personally, I'm waiting to see if the G2 is as good as promised. Otherwise, when my contract is up, I may have to leave T-Mobile and the fond memories of my G1 behind.[/citation]

When you write, in any situation, turn the phone by 90 degrees and you have a larger keyboard with or without swipe and integrated in the screen, not a bulky exterior one :) .

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ionut19[/nom]When you write, in any situation, turn the phone by 90 degrees and you have a larger keyboard with or without swipe and integrated in the screen, not a bulky exterior one .[/citation]

Some of us want a bulky tactile feel exterior keyboard. We'll get one soon enough.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I want one, but my university decided to join the apple cult and give everyone iPhone 4s. If only they knew the path to freedom.

the_wolf88

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Screw you Samsung !

Fix your laggy Galaxy S first then talk !

I admit the phone is peace of art but the crappy OS done by Samsung ruined it !

Lag problem + Bad GPS !

We're waiting for Froyo to address this which should be release this September as Samsung said !

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
I just got the capative and its a pretty decent phone. Like everyone else I have issues with gps not working however I have not seen anyone adress the apps running in the background problem. It is very annoying having to use killit to kill all the apps. Even if you close um lets say your browser. It is still running sucking down your battery life. They really need to have an automatice task manager that kills the apps that you close. I should not have to do it manually on a phone like this. But other than that this thing rocks.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I've had a chance to try it out in stores. Very nice.

Just very disappointed that the carrier-bought ones have been screwed over. Only English/French as interface language. That pretty much rules it out as an option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.