Samsung 50inch plasma no sound but picture

Jiebo

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi there, having trouble with my Samsung 50inch plasma. There is picture but no sound, it was fine last night then it's not been on today and I came home switched it on and no sound. There is nothing connected to it, use laptop through hdmi lead every so often but I'm only trying to use free view. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark Roussy

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Is it the sound on the laptop you want to hear off the TV ? Occasionally I get this on my TV. Unplug the Hdmi. Check your sound settings on the laptop make sure the sound plays there unhooked from the TV. Then when you are sure there is supposed to be sound. Check that the TV plays sounds without the laptop hooked up also. Also if you have other Hdmi ports try switching the cable back and forth.

Jiebo

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi mate thanks for your reply. There's no sound output even with the hdmi/laptop disconnected from the tv. I've checked all internal menus on the tv and the system isn't muted. Was working fine last night and today it's not, could it be sound card or something like that? Thanks on advance

Jiebo

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Yeah no problems with the laptop on it's own. Problem is only with the sound from the tv..I'm baffled, tried everything apart from taking tv to bits.

IDontUnderstand

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I don't recommend taking a TV apart, but if you already have it might make things even worse...

Try messing with the audio settings on the TV.
Make sure on your laptop that HDMI audio out is set to default in the Sound panel.

Jiebo

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I won't take it to bits. I've checked everything from tv menu to audio controls on laptop. The problem is with the tv it's self. Even just using the freeview on it I have the usual picture but no sound. Very frustrating. May be a silly question but is it possible for the sound card to break in the tv? Next step will need to be an engineer :(