Samsung Designs Galaxy Nexus to Bypass Apple Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoregie

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Man its sad that you have to build something in a specific way because of these silly rules we put on ourselves.... It makes me wonder what this phone and all other thing would look like if one and another wasn't scared of each other...(Apple).... Samsung may the Droid Be With You

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I still hope Apple hit a wall.

It's not like they invent everything... and they act like this.
They should be sue for many patient.
But I think companies fear Apple crazyness and just don't sue crazy people with tons of money.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
There is no patent on the exact look/feel of the phone, Apple just uses the similar looks to point out the "technology" patents it holds that Samsung encroaches, like touching a screen with your finger and having your phone know where your finger is. Good for you Apple, you thought of using a finger to control your phone and then threw a ton of money at the global patent market to make sure you were the only ones allowed to do that. Way to innovate.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
It's doesn't matter who invents what - all that matters is who filed the patent for it first and/or who currently owns the rights to it.

Advantage -> Apple

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]There is no patent on the exact look/feel of the phone, Apple just uses the similar looks to point out the "technology" patents it holds that Samsung encroaches, like touching a screen with your finger and having your phone know where your finger is. Good for you Apple, you thought of using a finger to control your phone and then threw a ton of money at the global patent market to make sure you were the only ones allowed to do that. Way to innovate.[/citation]
Sarcasm, right?

checkeredbob

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]The old saying used to be if it aint broken don't fix it. Now it is, if its patented by Apple, avoid it.[/citation]

Corrected.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
More idiotic responses on Tom's.

How can you equate Samsung making changes to their product to avoid patents as somehow because Apple is being a douche?

More like Samsung will now stop copying Apple and come up with their own ideas. Samsung is in the wrong and should stop cutting corners by ripping off others.

BTW, in the Samsung/Apple suit in The Netherlands, some interesting comments were made by Apple attorneys. They basically stated that they searched for and studied Samsung patents to make sure they weren't infringing anything while developing their products. If Apple can do this, why can't Samsung?

G

BTW, in the Samsung/Apple suit in The Netherlands, some interesting comments were made by Apple attorneys. They basically stated that they searched for and studied Samsung patents to make sure they weren't infringing anything while developing their products. If Apple can do this, why can't Samsung?

You realize lawyers say whatever BS is needed to make their case more solid. Patents such as using a touchscreen to control your device are ridiculous. You are ignoring the fact (sadly, I guess this is really an opinion) that Apple makes extremely broad and ridiculous patents. Studying said patents won't necessarily help you avoid them if you are in the same market (smartphones...).

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]More idiotic responses on Tom's.How can you equate Samsung making changes to their product to avoid patents as somehow because Apple is being a douche?More like Samsung will now stop copying Apple and come up with their own ideas. Samsung is in the wrong and should stop cutting corners by ripping off others.BTW, in the Samsung/Apple suit in The Netherlands, some interesting comments were made by Apple attorneys. They basically stated that they searched for and studied Samsung patents to make sure they weren't infringing anything while developing their products. If Apple can do this, why can't Samsung?[/citation]

And another idiotic response.......

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]More like Samsung will now stop copying Apple and come up with their own ideas. Samsung is in the wrong and should stop cutting corners by ripping off others.[/citation]

Cutting corners? Please tell me this was a pun.

G

Unfortunately for Samsung, Apple was recently awarded US Patent #7,934,281 for a "portable multifunction touchscreen device designed specifically as to not infringe on Apple's patents."

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
I wont deny that Apple doesn't have a leg to stand on for one or two patent infringements regarding the original design of the SG2 phone with the middle button; but the whole Apple iPad Galaxy lawsuit proves that Hitlers, I mean Steve Jobs has no class. See the link below.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/41536/apple-submits-strange-galaxy-tab-pics

Apple flawed the evidence in the lawsuit. Then they are claiming the Galaxy looks the same. First off, the Xoom from the front looks just like the galaxy tab. Why isn't apple suing Motorola? Turn the tablets around and the design looks nothing alike. One is more square and the other rectangular. I own both the iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab and they are nothing alike at all. Operating system is completely different. How many LCD's, computer monitors, etc from different manufacturers can you tell apart from 10-15 feet away? The design look the same on most TVs to me hanging on Best Buys wall. You don't see companies like, Panasonic, Sony, etc suing each other. That tells you what kind of Company Apple is.

G

@ericburnby

so what was so radically different from the galaxy nexus, it's shape, it's lack of grid of rounded of square icons, no finger swipe for picture browsing

and if you wont admit the idea patenting a grid of rounded of square icons is not laughable than i guess Apple really do have magical devices

you always seem to point out that Samsung stole Apple's ideas but you never seem to say which ideas exactly were stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.