Samsung DLP old problem need help

Help1995

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
I have a Samsung HL67A750FXZA1 DLP tv. I know this is an old problem.
With that being said , here's the problem on start up you hear to power up tone then wait then you hear a click, this usually happens three times before it stops and the three LEDs on the front start flashing. From previous research I replaced the capacitors on the power supply board, this worked for a while but now the problem is back. I'm going to crack this thing open again and check the capacitors but if they are fine what else could it be and thanks in advance this has become a matter of pride more than anything else lol of should I just shoot the dang thing and buy something else

Solution
you should track down a service manual for the set. My guess would be that the issue is the same, depending on what kind of replacement parts you used. I do believe that the "flash cycle" is trying to convey a failure code which might help you look to a certain area. I would suspect there is an issue with the inverters but possibly even a broken / stuck fan may be an issue.

you can try getting into the service menu via this key sequence.... in standby mode, press MUTE, 1,8,2 and POWER to "force" the screen on to get into the service menu.... be careful what you do there as it is usual very easy to get into trouble in service menus.

PS. I own one of these things and hope it never fails as compared to other set types, it is a fine...

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
you should track down a service manual for the set. My guess would be that the issue is the same, depending on what kind of replacement parts you used. I do believe that the "flash cycle" is trying to convey a failure code which might help you look to a certain area. I would suspect there is an issue with the inverters but possibly even a broken / stuck fan may be an issue.

you can try getting into the service menu via this key sequence.... in standby mode, press MUTE, 1,8,2 and POWER to "force" the screen on to get into the service menu.... be careful what you do there as it is usual very easy to get into trouble in service menus.

PS. I own one of these things and hope it never fails as compared to other set types, it is a fine set and picture especially with respect to room reflections.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS