samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet

Evan Smock

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
my son turned on my tablet to root screen, it says "downloading do not turn off" and the battery died...now it wont turn on at all, I tried the power and volume and still just a black screen...what can I do before my wife kills me?!

AndroidAl

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
I had a similar thing happen to me just a few days back and nothing would make mine reboot or start for a while, NOTHING.. In the end I found what I thought was one of those "reset" holes in the side of the tablet and stuck a tiny screwdriver down inside it. I am sure I felt something go "bump" inside there as I prodded around although I can't be sure as I was kind of annoyed a bit, however a few seconds later it let me power up again. I simply held the power button down for about 10 or 15 seconds and let go and it restarted. I wasn't downloading at the time but a similar message popped up on the screen ("not to turn off" while it saved my work), after I quit out of a program, and the screen went black after a few seconds of freezing and it seemed as if it was dead for a few minutes, but it did not power down, it just stopped like someone ripped out the battery. It is going again and works well...

I wish the best for you...

Android Al...

Edit a bit later... just to let you know that I have only been using a tablet for about one week and a few days, so I am very new to them... Cheers... Al

JamJo

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I had the exact same issue. How did you fix it?? And I'm new here so I didn't mean to vote down the above answer. Lol trying to figure this thing out.

AndroidAl

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
JamJo,,

At that stage I had been using tablets for about only a VERY short while (maybe only week or so) , so they and Android O/S were new to me... Lots of water under the bridge for me since then though...

I am sure that most or at least many tablets have a reset button hole somewhere and from memory that's what I used that particular time.. Usually it's just a tiny hole no larger than a pinhole. I simply pushed a jewelers screwdriver down there and I'm sure I felt the switch activate. That's when it began to reboot and most likely revert back to its original settings - hence the onscreen message I got - or something like that.. I'm not sure that my holding the power button down again, had anything to do with the process or not but it did reboot. That wasn't the first time I have had to use a reset switch on an electronic device. Funnily enough, I have used a handful of them over the years...

Anyway, that was a long time ago in computer terms and I have bought newer better tablets since then and Android is less of a mystery to me now...

Good luck to you...

Al