Discussion Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 bios upgrade kills the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2021
Went through BIOS upgrade process just fine, it finished, but the laptop stopped producing any noise and became totally unresponsive, The blue LED light is blinking indicating that it is not turned off, but the power button push/hold does not turn it off. The screen is black. The only option is now to send it to Samsung repair service. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. Will be grateful for any suggestions.

Did you download the BIOS upgrade from Samsung? Was the updating process interrupted at any point? A corrupted BIOS will definitely brick a PC. Some machines can be recovered. I don't know how to do this personally. Search on samsung bios recovery and you will see several posts on the subject. One of them may help. If Samsung has a user forum, you may also get help there (or maybe someone else on this forum has better advice).

Oct 12, 2021
Went through BIOS upgrade process just fine, it finished, but the laptop stopped producing any noise and became totally unresponsive, The blue LED light is blinking indicating that it is not turned off, but the power button push/hold does not turn it off. The screen is black. The only option is now to send it to Samsung repair service. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. Will be grateful for any suggestions.

My story (part 2): So, with the only thing that was "eating" the battery being an LED blinking light, I assumed it will take months until the battery dies and there will be an option finally to boot the laptop. As I was literally printing a UPS shipping label, I've noticed that the light stopped blinking. It took 4 days to end the battery life, I totally did not expect that! I plugged in the cord and pushed the power button - it booted up and I am back in business! SAMSUNG - wake up! FIX this damn thing! I am sure there are a lot of people going through the service repair process because of this. I doubt it was just me...

Oct 12, 2021
Did you download the BIOS upgrade from Samsung? Was the updating process interrupted at any point? A corrupted BIOS will definitely brick a PC. Some machines can be recovered. I don't know how to do this personally. Search on samsung bios recovery and you will see several posts on the subject. One of them may help. If Samsung has a user forum, you may also get help there (or maybe someone else on this forum has better advice).
This BIOS upgrade was recommended by native "Samsung Update" application. All you need to do is to click the "upgrade" button. So, yes, it was BIOS upgrade from Samsung. The updating process was not interrupted at any point, it successfully finished. After that the laptop stopped responding to pushing ANY KEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.