Samsung Galaxy Nexus Also Banned in USA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is why the US is in the middle of an economic crisis...how much money has been spent by the people to fund Apple's court room vendettas. Same with Motorola and Apple, IMHO Moto and Apple should be forced to repay what it cost the taxpayers just because they don't want to compete with each other.

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
I'd truly die before I bought another Apple product. The only one I have - well 2 - are an iPod Nano that has lots of my music on it..not very much ever from iTunes, just transcribed CDs...and an old 'brick" iPod that I got as a gift and thought it was a Hewlett Packard player. Apple truly sucks...acting like a schoolyard bully.

Jeteroll

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Apple is too scared right now because they have actual competition and they have to get off their lazy asses and actually make a competitive product - which is why their screwed. I will never buy another Apple produce because of this idiocy that they cant even take real competition. APPLE SUCKS

G

You guys crack me up.
Do you really think Samsung and Google are innovators? Why on Earth shouldn't Apple get to defend it's innovations?

If Samsung and Google were true innovators, they would have developed their own products, and OS that didn't ape nearly everything from Apple.

It took Microsoft 4 years to come up with their OS, apps, and products in this mobile space. Why? Because they were ACTUALLY innovating instead of copying Apple.
Microsoft wont get sued.
Samsung especially took Apple's product and tried their hardest to clone and exact duplicate of it.
And google are just a**holes because they acted on insider information ( Eric Schmidt being on Apple's board and didn't recuse himself )
The board knew about the iPhone 6 months+ before the world did. Guess what Eric Schmidt did about that? He conveniently forgot his corporate mantra, and resigned from Apple's board and turned his own company's direction 180 degrees.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I agree with StevenJ... "That being said, I don't feel sorry for Samsung, Only Samsung customers who can't get a device now. "

I'm not really worried about the financial impact on Samsung but the inconvenience to customers wanting to get one of these banned products.... and for any other company trying to bring innovation to the mobile computing market. What ever happened to Apple's new CEO (Tim Cook his name?) saying he'd drop the war against Android?
Apple pulled this same stunt and got the older Galaxy phones banned in the EU because of some idiot judge in Germany. Their distribution channel was based over there, so getting it banned in Germany blocked sales to all of the EU. During that case, if I remember right, Samsung showed slides of a very iPad looking device in both "Star Trek" and "2001 A Space Odyssey" claiming that Apple indeed was not the first or even second entity to come up with the idea of a tablet-type computer. Not sure how much difference it made in the case but it's a very valid point nonetheless. iPad wasn't a revolution in itself; getting the hardware components small enough to make a device like that possible was the only innovation on their part. Which itself is made far less impressive knowing the conditions their Foxconn factory workers are under and their lack of a comprehensive environmentally friendly policy for their product life cycles. Many smaller companies focus much more on environmentally friendly manufacturing, distribution, and product recycling programs.

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
More and more dumb lawsuits. Only winners are the lawyers. I'll be upset if the Nexus gets banned mostly because it's such a good deal right now. I mean $350 for a very capable phone that's directly supported by Google for at least another year? Awesome deal. Can we please just throw all lawyers into a pit of lava and be done with all of this bull?

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
What do you mean just launched Nexus? It's been around for, what, 8 months now?

Anyway, fuck you Apple! I'm glad I have a Nexus and not an iShit...

G

Apple was created from a stolen idea in the first place & to the other guy above, Microsoft mobile won't get sued because they pose no threat to apple. Windows phones are absolute garbage & will become extinct just like BlackBerry. As far as this stupid suit Google just needs to get rid of the unified search because nobody ever uses it and it's actually pointless in my opinion. If that's all apple has to argue about the payment the cry baby's their money & move on. In my opinion operating systems should not be able to be patented at all anyways. We'd have better products being made if company's would just work on perfecting things instead of fighting over them.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
@KID ANDROID You know, I've never even used that on my phone. Still, why is Samsung getting in this trouble for something that's from Google? Is it just because of the damn skins all the others choose to use?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Random Pundit[/nom]You guys crack me up. Do you really think Samsung and Google are innovators? Why on Earth shouldn't Apple get to defend it's innovations?Icitation]

What inovations? smart phones? wait no already done? search doh wait no done to death long before apple. hmmm touch screen wait no already done before apple.. hmmm phones damn it done long before apple... wait what did apple inovate again? thier crappy OS? ok sure they wait no... they used linux adn free bsd code also... wtf does apple make thats thiers anyways?

Dont say siri because that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever seen as a "feture" on any phone.

O apple puts a fruit on thier products and coined the i in them as well.. thats what apple does thats original other then underware :p i guess you can say thats inovation :/

[citation][nom]Jeteroll[/nom]Apple is too scared right now because they have actual competition and they have to get off their lazy asses and actually make a competitive product - which is why their screwed. I will never buy another Apple produce because of this idiocy that they cant even take real competition. APPLE SUCKS[/citation]

That surprises you? everytime someone comes out with something that catchs the eye of hte buyer more then thier garbage they do this crap.. first it was microsoft now its samsung tomorrow it will be someone else. Until they finally freaking die like they should have before jobs came back.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
how the hell can a judge agree with this? Apple is losing a large chunk of marketshare because of 1 design patent that NOBODY can notice?!?!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
This is not a smart decision.
World Population 7 Billion; US Population..350 Million or about 5%
This smells of protectionism and that never ends well.
Apple may get the US Market but may find that the other 95% of the world are not as likely to play their abusive game.

As for me, I do not want to be associated with abusive corporations; there is no Nike or Apple in my home or my offices.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
What the hell? Galaxy was one thing... but Nexus too? Its a different model what the fck is their merits this time? Go F yourself Apple 200x more you little coward company. I hope you crash and burn you little sht. You remind me of Microsoft/Intel back in 90's era.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Stop giving Apple your money, please! Anyone that does... just stop. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT'S HOLY!!![/citation]

Mmm I'd say that while not spending money with Apple is a good idea if you don't like their policies (and I don't), I suggest not contributing to organized religions is even a better way to make the world a better place.

In other words - keep your judgment about gods and what is holy and not holy, thank you very much, those are NOT reasons for me to boycott Apple.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
"Apple has made a clear showing that, in the absence of a preliminary injunction, it is likely to lose substantial market share in the smartphone market and to lose substantial downstream sales of future smartphone purchases and tag-along products," Translation, Apple admits that Samsung's smart phones are better than their own! I don't see this as anything but a win for Samsung, it is great free publicity, and anybody with an iPhone must be wondering why Apple does not want them to have a choice?

ivyanev

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
This unified search (some Siri like app ?)If that is the case so apple is attacking not only samsung ,but blind people also.

G

God dammit..and I only have 1 month of my 2 year contract at sprint..hopefully gsiii is available by then and crapple does not get that banned either

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Zingam_Duo[/nom]Shut up, bitches! You hate Apple coz you are piss poor and have no money for quality products![/citation]

Sure.. let me know when apple makes one..

Status
Not open for further replies.