Samsung Galaxy Nexus Also Banned in USA

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
So what's gonna happen when I want to upgrade my family's phones to Samsung Galaxy S3's in the fall? Are they going to drop the banhammer on those, too? All these patent lawsuits are really starting to piss me TFO.

Sahand-Tabriz

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
how the guy above can say android is a copy of crapple os?? you are funny and dumb! you mean any os which has application is ios clone? gush!
btw you are not wise enough to understand the value of google and samsung efforts in tech world.

and at the end: thanks god apple didn't make UNIX and Linux! it would be a bad world (imagine... a world that you must pay even for a tiny os inside your adsl modem and router :)) ). thank you UNIX and Linux developers...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Compuservant[/nom]You get what you pay for. At least Apple invented something novel or paid for it (e.g Siri). Sergey Brin and Larry Page outright stole Rank Dex from Robin Li and started their search engine as google.stanford.edu. Android is just warmed over Linux, which because it was created in 1969 is no longer under patent.[/citation]
Apple didn't paid the use of the GUI to Xerox, or the use of the dock on the Mac OS X to Sun, and so on...

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Random Pundit[/nom]You guys crack me up. Do you really think Samsung and Google are innovators? Why on Earth shouldn't Apple get to defend it's innovations?If Samsung and Google were true innovators, they would have developed their own products, and OS that didn't ape nearly everything from Apple. It took Microsoft 4 years to come up with their OS, apps, and products in this mobile space. Why? Because they were ACTUALLY innovating instead of copying Apple.Microsoft wont get sued.Samsung especially took Apple's product and tried their hardest to clone and exact duplicate of it.And google are just a**holes because they acted on insider information ( Eric Schmidt being on Apple's board and didn't recuse himself )The board knew about the iPhone 6 months+ before the world did. Guess what Eric Schmidt did about that? He conveniently forgot his corporate mantra, and resigned from Apple's board and turned his own company's direction 180 degrees.[/citation]
Development on Android begun in 2003, 5 years before the first device was launched. Google bought Android in 2005 and even though a lot of work had already started on the OS it still took them more than 3 years to launch the first device

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
"If Samsung and Google were true innovators, they would have developed their own products, and OS that didn't ape nearly everything from Apple."

You mean the same way Jobs did with Xerox?

strapmonkey

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Apple stands to lose market share because of newer innovation? Isn't that the basis of the free market economy? Whatever happened to capitalism? Oh, yes, it was co-opted and corrupted by the 1%; re-imagined as an exclusive, members only affair sometime in the mid 19th century. It's only going to get worse, and likely never better. What we need, now, boys and girls, is a new paradigm; a paradigm that excludes corrupt bureaucrats and the special interests that line their pockets.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I think it's time to start protesting at Apple stores and giving their employees all sorts of trouble only to bring them to the breaking point and proudly proclaim "you've been Samsunged." Retaliate people! Also, somebody go find the guy who invented the slide to unlock system for restroom stall doors and get him to sue Apple already. He'd make an absolute killing. We all know Apple stole slide to unlock from restroom stall doors.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Patents are not a basic right, they just stifle competition in cases like these. In a true free market economy, Samsung would be able to build upon what Apple did, and create a superior product, and go on to be more successful.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Microsoft created the tablet device way back in 2000/2001/2002 i believe so microsoft should sue apple for stealing its design.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Banning it will only make people want it more tbh:) that being sad i hope this will force google to sell the nexus in other country's as-well ...EU anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.