Samsung Galaxy S3 charging MA drops to 100

Kloitsjak

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Hello every1,

a few days ago i bought a new Samsung S3 battery + universal charger of 1 ampere, because via the program Ampere i could see that my old stuff had the ampere dropped from 800MA to 100MA and when my adapter was plugged out and i started a game, the screen started flickering and 2 secs later it rebooted. so i bought a new battery and charger, and the flickering doesn't happen anymore so the battery problem is fixed, but the ampere still drops from 1A to 100MA even on the new charger.
i cleaned the charger port on my S3 but nothing changed and when i unplug the USB cord and use my PC as charger, the same happen. if i push the adapter fast into my phone, it will give 1A but when i move the cable just a little bit, it drops lower and sometimes hangs between 700~500 for a short time and then it goes to 100.

Solution
If what you are saying is correct, it sounds like the port itself may be damaged or loose. That is something that can only really be fixed by replacing the motherboard (which the port is attached to).

If you feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, then I am sure you can purchase the part (and even find instructional videos) online. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, then you would have to find a local tech to do the work for you.

NOTE: Before doing either of the above, please note, that if your device is still under warranty, then it is your service provider or the manufacturer that you should contact about the problem. Doing the work yourself (or getting someone else to do it) other than those authorized by...
If what you are saying is correct, it sounds like the port itself may be damaged or loose. That is something that can only really be fixed by replacing the motherboard (which the port is attached to).

If you feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, then I am sure you can purchase the part (and even find instructional videos) online. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, then you would have to find a local tech to do the work for you.

NOTE: Before doing either of the above, please note, that if your device is still under warranty, then it is your service provider or the manufacturer that you should contact about the problem. Doing the work yourself (or getting someone else to do it) other than those authorized by your provider/manufacturer could void your warranty.

Solution

Kloitsjak

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
indeed it must be the port, but to prevent further port breaking after the fix i decided to buy an extra battery and an external battery charger. i am sick of the short USB cable and of that port anyway so with 2 battery and an external charger it will be better since you can use your phone anywhere twice as long and if 1 is empty u can be 100% in a few sec with the other battery;)

thx for the reply!

Courtmac

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017