Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Moto X: Smartphone Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"With a more stylish — and far more customizable — design"

I completely disagree with this line. All throughout design talk it's all about the back plate. Since the S5 has a removable back plate, you have far more customization options than with the Moto X where it's a "choose between 5-10 different back plates and you're stuck with it".

Simple fact is, something that the user can replace, especially with something supported by a large aftermarket, is much more customizable.

Abandon Ships

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
While I agree with pretty much everything else, I lold at S5 winning in interface. TouchWiz is an abomination. It's literally the worst skin of any android flagship. Moto on the other hand is android at its best and purest.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

This refrain from the Samsung haters is getting tiresome and honestly is making you all look foolish at this point. I've dealt with stock Android as well as other skins and I have an S4. Touchwiz isn't that different and gives in more options. Not everything about it is perfect, but it gives a lot more options than stock Android does.

sirstinky

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

I really enjoy the TouchWiz. I used it on 3 of my Samsung phones and it was great. I guess you can't please everyone though and you can't really (fairly) compare proprietary operating system skins to stock Android because carriers add their own apps.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Can't stand TouchWiz. Other factors not included in this face-off.

The shape and feel of the phones. The moto-X feels better in the hand.
And if you tear or leave the USB port cover off... oh well. The Moto-G uses user-removable covers... for different styles.

Too bad the cover doesn't come off the Moto_X, allowing for an SD-CAR.

The Alarm Clock/Timer on Moto phones are the best.

Hopefully they will bring back the smaller model (4.7" display) for those of us who like smaller phones.

sfaraj

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Most important things in a phone? BATTERY LIFE by far.camera to logical people since you won't be carrying around another if you have a phone 80% of the time, UI , features, and display. Are you really going to notice audio with headphones? Who uses their phone speakers? It's car stereo, dock, or headphones or even tv speakers for movie viewing 90% of the time.only logical point is performance, no argument there, it can load up games 20 seconds faster, but how long can you play the games for with crap battery life? Design and so flavor is subjective, camera and battery life are not.

Not to mention no SD card slot? Completely takes away from value since all I have to do is get a 64 go SD card for $40 on amazon.also, s5 has more customizable back plates so:

Design s5
Battery s5
Display s5
Value s5
Camera s5

Audio moto x
Performance tie since battery life is just as important as speed of loading
UI is subjective so tie
Features s5 [u water proof and more camera options? S health?]

Clearly this dude is smoking something.

sfaraj

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Also to those who comment about bloatware, root or disable apps takes care of that. Load speed is about the same for everyday apps, I'm not a huge phone gamer so speed of loading games is useless to me and most smartphone users IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.