Samsung Galaxy S8 Features to Enable and Disable

Petina82

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Hi Tom, thanks for the useful info:) so my question is:
Can I record music on Snapchat with my earphones on?
I could do it with my s7 but having trouble with the s8. I so hope this is possible.

Abel_9

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Face recognition is trash on the s8 never worked with or without glasses. Would set the face recognition and then turn my phone off wluldnt move at all and NOPE! ...and the fingerprint sensor is confusing with the camera on the back. LOL oh well atleast its the newest samsung out, so i got that going for me lol

Trigga13

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Umm should the apps that I have put into the secure folder still be accessible when I bring up the apps screen??

sciancaleporejoe

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
I was searching google for that same question ,Trigga13 ,when I found this article (which DOESN'T EVEN answer the question) lol anyway, it makes no sense to lock something in a secure fodder if it can still be accessed from the app drawer

rakeshcbhardwaj

Honorable
Sep 15, 2017
Seriously thanks Tom for your tips ? Turn off NFC. Turn on flight mode, reduce GPS accuracy, lower your screen resolution? Why not just turn the damn thing off. Battery will last a long time then. These kinds of articles are pointless. You've spent a shed load of money on your phone. It has wireless charging that allows you to conveniently charge it. It has fast charging. Here's an idea. Enjoy your phone and charge it in a few minutes when it's running down. Finger print sensor works fine for me. As does Iris/face recognition.

maricela.disch

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I am a new Galaxy S8 owner. I am having trouble connecting my phone to my cat via Bluetooth. I found another chat page and it seems many users are having the same issue? Can you provide an advise to solve this problem? Thanks, Amy new user

tambahsirahmumet

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
It has been a while since I have updated my mobile phone and was awk'd with all the new features (display, security, applications, communication, etc) on the Galaxy S8+.
In the past, it was always a chore to switch to a new phone due to all the re-configuration and re-installation steps. There are now tools that come on the phone that helps you get all your old applications reinstalled and configured. Makes getting a new phone a 'good' experience. Happy with my new Samsung...

shanes1972

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hi Tom, l have had my galaxy 8 for 7mths and at present have a problen. When l click on a message the lacation button comes up and l don't know how to get rid of it. Can you please help?

abpc.biz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Accuracy of the S8 fingerprint sensor is very poor; to vastly improve recognition, add and scan the SAME finger 4 times ;)

krisstie228

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I have the s8+ and when I try to turn on the bixby voice commands in the setting on bixby home screen it keeps telling me to do a software update... when I click setting and view all updates it says there are none... I have already done the voice recognition but I can't get it to work and respond back.... can someone please help me

Feb 19, 2018
Sure let me just disable and downscale all the features of my expensive flagship phone sandbagging it when I could have just bought a cheaper phone in the first place.

Nov 20, 2018
Why does anyone need a new "samsung" account with your personal details stored (used, sold, stolen..) by ANOTHER company - for simple file system function usage.

40 years in computers, still counting the human stupidity BUGS.