Samsung galaxy tab S LTE 8.4 T705 stuck at Samsung logo while updating to marshmallow

vsclegend

Estimable
May 16, 2015
Hi,newbie here.My device isn't rooted.Yesterday, I downloaded Marshmallow update 6.0.1.At 43%,I started the update.I thought it will complete in that.you know,the logo and all came.I watched it updating till 85% then got on with my work.Then,I felt a vibration.I saw it rebooting and then it showed samsung logo in all white.It wouldn't move forwards after that.I heard 3 vibrations periodically.The 1st one...4 sec gap...and then the 2nd & 3rd vibrations in quick succession.And it would go on infinitely until the battery discharged.I plugged it in the wall charger and then I noticed the charging has also become very slow.I left it for charging at 6 AM and till now(12:14pm),its just 58%.I read in a thread about force restrat and quickly going into recovery mode.I wiped the cache partition hoping it would solve the problem but it didn't. I couldn't understand the rest of the part,so I didn't try.I selected power off option and right now it is charging.I have important data stored on the internal storage so I fear doing a factory reset.I also have fingerprint lock on it so I have no idea how to connect to PC and use.I got no idea about flashing roms.Is there any possible way to revert back to lollipop? I just want my data before I do something.Please help.

Solution
All I can recommend is to find a professional Android fixer in your area. There are usually a dozen of them offering unlocking, etc. on most market places in my country. I have to say, though that with no working screen you can't get into the system because of the fingerprint requirement.

Sadly, the recovery menu doesn't offer command line as a way in. All you can do is turn it back on and leave it on with mains electric poer and hope it sorts itself out.
Connect it to a PC with a micro USB/USB cable and hope the Debugging setting is correct. It should show up in Windows File Explorer and allow you to migrate the personal files to the PC. If you hadn't made yourself a Developer there isn't much hope of that connection working.

Then you'll have to go through the process of a Factory Reset. Post back for more detail on that if you need it.

vsclegend

Estimable
May 16, 2015

No, unfortunately I hadn't enabled develor options so no usb debugging.I tried to connect but it didn't recognise.Also,my data is stored on the internal memory and it is of utmost value to me.Tab doesn't hold much value in comparison to that.I also had some photos stored on the private mode.My tab is protected by fingerprint lock.So,if you could suggest ways in which I could recover my data,it would be highly appreciated.

All I can recommend is to find a professional Android fixer in your area. There are usually a dozen of them offering unlocking, etc. on most market places in my country. I have to say, though that with no working screen you can't get into the system because of the fingerprint requirement.

Sadly, the recovery menu doesn't offer command line as a way in. All you can do is turn it back on and leave it on with mains electric poer and hope it sorts itself out.

Solution