Samsung galaxy4 won't charge even with new market or off market chargers and new batteries.

springpeepers50

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
My Samsung galaxy4 ( AT&T) won't charge. When charger is hooked up, I get a grey battery image but never get the bright green battery image that shows it is charging up.........the grey battery image goes away , then returns with a slight vibrating noise, and disappears, then returns..... This continues endlessly. Have taken it to Best Buy where they used several new market chargers and new batteries....same problem. ONLY on occasion, when the battery has FULLY DIScharged.....have I hooked it up to a charger and it has recharged completely.........never have I been able to get it to recharge the cell phone from a semi-discharged state since this problem started. As it is , I have to charge up a battery in another Galaxy phone my family has and place the charged battery in this phone....I do this daily and it is getting tiresome. Any ideas?

Solution
Have you considered that your charging port might be damaged? Bent pin, too much dust/debris, etc. If you've already eliminated the battery, the charger, and the cable from the equation, then the problem is usually the charging port itself.